My name sarah amd im am alcholic

I am 27 and have 2 children under the age of five my husband works long hours and i live in a quite little village were i have struggled to make freinds my drinking started when i used to get me throw they day at first it was all good then it came the constant hangovers needing it in the mornings was my biggest down fall i cant remmber the last time i was sober for over a week i feel such a let down to my children and husband i am determend to give up for good i hope i have the strenght to with the sopport on here and the love of god amen :open_hands:

14 Likes

Thanks for sopport :hugs:

1 Like

Welcome @Sarah3! You can do this. Take it a day or a moment at a time. It really helps to break it down like that. A sober life is so worth it! Stay strong!

1 Like

Welcome @Sarah3

1 Like

Welcome Sarah you are not alone on here

1 Like

Welcome, Sarah! I use alcohol to get me through loneliness and social situations as well. I relapsed after almost 60 days sober and am back on day 5. But prior to that I certainly hadn’t gone more than 4 days without drinking/getting drunk. You’ve come to a good place. So many people here can help you help yourself. You can do it! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the sopport☺

1 Like

Hi @Sarah3. My name is Sofia and I’m an alcoholic. Being sober is a great way to start the day. I also have a young son who is 4, so I can relate to how you feel about letting down your kids. Don’t get bogged down by the negativity of your past. Focus on the parent you can be today and each day that you are sober gives you a new chance to make things right for yourself, your children, and your husband.

1 Like

Welcome, Sarah! I’m a 29 year old Mama to a beautiful 4 year old daughter. There are lots of us here and we all totally relate to what you’re going through.

This is an awesome group of people and they will be here to help support you through your journey.

1 Like