My new journey in Recovery Dharma

I like that! I hope you share more!

1 Like

I will do :pray:

1 Like

from “The Pocket Pema Chodron (Shambhala Pocket Classics)” by Pema Chödrön -

“AS long as we’re caught up in always looking for certainty and happiness, rather than honoring the taste and smell and quality of exactly what is happening, as long as we’re always running away from discomfort, we’re going to be caught in a cycle of unhappiness and disappointment, and we will feel weaker and weaker.”

The youngest is camping with his girlfriend and some friends. A much needed rest for him from life.

Reading this, i thought of him. A copy of this book has been ordered and on its way for him. How much he puts into it, we will see.

5 Likes

I didn’t read update posts, but have to say I am glad it came to my attention. I haven’t used RD in a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time and it matters. I still haven’t meditated ONCE since my accident 6 months ago.

Thanks, Pal!

4 Likes

Life got in my way, and I let this slip a bit…

Ia hoping our little Dharma community, grows and this thread flourishes with everyone’s contribution.

4 Likes

:pray:

3 Likes

Dang! That one hits! Thank you.

1 Like

Your post today is what made my day today so calm and smooth. I read it earlier and it resonates with how I have been living and feeling.
Today I made changes to just slow down and just let thing be.

:pray:

1 Like

For me its crazy. It all seems so simple…when you read it…and I wonder why I didnt think about it in terms like that before.

1 Like

6 Likes

from “The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (Shambhala Pocket Classics)” by Thich Nhat Hanh, Melvin McLeod -

“As we sit down next to a stream, we can listen to its laughter and watch its sparkling waters, noticing the pebbles glistening and the fresh green plants nearby, and we may be overcome with happiness. We are one with the stream’s freshness, purity, and clarity. But in just an instant we may find we’ve had enough. Our heart is troubled, and we think of other things. We are no longer at one with the stream. It is of no use to sit in a peaceful forest if our mind is lost in the city.”

Start reading this book for free: The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (Shambhala Pocke... - Kindle

5 Likes

from “The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (Shambhala Pocket Classics)” by Thich Nhat Hanh, Melvin McLeod -

“Life is too precious for us to lose ourselves in our ideas and concepts, in our anger and our despair. We must wake up to the marvelous reality of life. We must begin to live fully and truly, every moment of our daily lives.”

10 Likes

Holy Universe Batman! Just finished posting this and one of our members unleased an angry tirade on one our newest employees. I stepped in the middle of it and tild him he was in training, doing his job 100% the way I trained him…then dropped this jem on him. “Isnt life too precious to let 5 seconds of discomfort piss you off…and lets face it, there was no discomfort except how you percieved it.”

6 Likes

6 Likes

Slow day at work…so I have been reading…this stuck out.

“Many people in our society are not happy, even though the conditions for their happiness already exist. Their “habit energy” is always pushing them ahead, preventing them from being happy in the here and now. But with a little bit of training, we can all learn to recognize this energy every time it comes up. Why wait to be happy? When you walk, it is possible to walk in such a way that every step becomes nourishing and healing. This is not difficult.”

Start reading this book for free: The Pocket Thich Nhat Hanh (Shambhala Pocke... - Kindle

6 Likes

Ordered this book just now.
Thank you :pray:

Although I enjoy and am grateful for all your posts.
For some reason each day I read something you post … it just seems like I am meant to read it as it’s being shown to me for a reason :sunflower::sparkles:
So look forward to being here and reading more in the future.
Thank you :pray:

4 Likes

Kinda feel the same with your posts! Its a beautiful thing

2 Likes

This was me when i was drinking.

“Some people live as though they are already dead. There are people moving around us who are consumed by their past, terrified of their future, and stuck in their anger and jealousy. They are not alive; they are just walking corpses. If you look around yourself with mindfulness, you will see people going around like zombies. Have a great deal of compassion for the people around you who are living like this. They do not know that life is accessible only in the here and now.”

3 Likes

5 Likes

Well, poop…i needed that second one. I got the youngest the pocket Pema. Left it on his bed with a little note while he was gone camping.

Expected some type of reaction…

Nothing…

Have no expectations…Just be kind. Pulled that up as my mind was going to a dark place because of his lack of saying anything.

The Universe delivered.

4 Likes