My new purchase. Anyone read this?

3 Likes

Had a look through it shes doing ok for 3 years sober , i prefer the BB ,

Yes I loved it. It is like Bridget Jones diary without the wine. Very relatable for me. Let me k ow what you think!

1 Like

Only few chapters in but can definitely relate !!

What BB please

Big Book of AA.

Ah yes ok thank you

Yes! I dit! I bought it after reading her blogs on the internet. I loved this book and I love her aditute about coming out the closet with her alcohol problem.

2 Likes

Thanks ! I fell asleep too early last night to read anymore but that’s no bad thing ! Getting to sleep quite easily now. Will look forward to getting hooked on this book

2 Likes

Let me know what you both think @SoberWalker and @adeygaga49 I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

I’m taking this book on holiday with me next week. Looking forward to reading it since a lot of people have recommended it on here.

2 Likes

@determinedworkingmom here are some more people reading The Sober Diaries

How do I find them I clicked on determined working mum in your message but it just brought me to her profile thanks x

1 Like

Hello! I was just telling this user that we are discussing this book. What do you want to find?

1 Like

I’m on here now :slight_smile:

I guess it is obvious from my username that I am a busy working mom. A lot of my business day is spent in my car, and my evenings have traditionally been much like the authors. Juggling around my 3 children, 2 still of toddler age. Cleaning up the food they have thrown all over the floor after dinner before getting them cleaned up and wrestling them to bed. I don’t usually have a chance to read at night, so I got the audiobook of this. I started listening to it in my car yesterday while I was traveling to and from appointments. I LOVE this book. It is so true and completely relatable. It is comforting to know there are other moms out there with this same inner struggle with the wine witch. I just got through the part of the book where she goes to a dinner party for the first time without drinking. I have a benefit I am going to this weekend that I had signed up to bartend at. It is definitely going to be a test of willpower, but I know I can do it. I have been around this group that is hosting it this weekend, usually drinking. I am interested to see how it goes without me drinking this time. I am usually 4 or 5 drinks in by the time we leave. I am certain I am going to have an epiphany moment like she had at that dinner party, realizing that everyone else is surprisingly sober. Perhaps I will have meaningful conversations there for once though. There are still people that go to these things that I am embarrassed to say I don’t even remember meeting or talking to half the time, so they always have to reintroduce themselves and I pretend like I remember them but give them the, “I’m really terrible with names,” excuse…

3 Likes

Sorry I thought you were telling me how tovfund a discussion with other members discussing same book. Sorry for confusion x

1 Like

Good luck please let us know how it goes. I’m only on page 25 but can identify with it already . Happy sober Wednesday

2 Likes

No worries. I love the book. Let me know what you think!

1 Like

So true about everyone else not being drunk. The few occasions I have had out I realise I must have always been the drunkest.

I am also noticing that for some friends, they spend their whole week sober and I am their friend to get drunk with, which they do only once a week/ fortnight. But in fact, once being told I am not drinking, are perfectly happy not to. They can find a new drunk friend! Some people i imagine will be relieved and happy for the break.

2 Likes