My Old Life that lead to the New Me

I started using daily at the age of 18. Before that I partied a lot but never had addiction to something that I needed every day of my life. I met heroin after a 3 year addiction to pain pills. That day forever changed my life. I’m 33 years old now. Spent almost half of my life addicted to opiates and crack. I am a multi time felon (14 to be exact) just now getting my once perfect teeth fixed. I’m set to get what is left of them pulled in a month and getting dentures. I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life. Spent a lot of time behind bars, shooting moves, hurting myself and the people that love me and slowly killing myself. With the help of my husband ( who started my addiction with me but got sober long before me, he is celebrating 8 years in April 2021) I finally took responsibility for myself and checked into my first rehab ever. The hardest thing I’ve ever done. I’ve gotten sober in lock up but it never lasted out of the doors of freedom, because I never did the work. I finally made the decision that my life WAS WORTH IT! I’ve spent the last 6 months getting and staying super honest with myself and others. IT HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED MY LIFE. I am becoming the woman, the wife, the mom, daughter, sister and friend I knew I always could be. I look at myself in the mirror and an starting to love what I see. Today I can be honest and not feel the guilt of my choices and actions. It’s not easy but it’s worth it. I’M WORTH IT, AND SO ARE EACH OF YOU!!! Thank you for letting me share.

11 Likes

Keep up the great work!!! Its so nice when you find the real you that you have covered up for so long! Get it girl! Love and light :v:

2 Likes

Wow, powerful and strong stuff there!! Keep at it!! You have a lot to be proud of!!

2 Likes

That is a great journey you describe here. Welcome here :sunflower::sunny:

1 Like

Welcome, Chelsea! I’m so glad you’re here!:raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

Hi Chelsea, welcome to this wonderful forum. Thank you for post, it sounds like you’re doing a great job :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome Chelsea and congrats on getting clean. I’m so happy you’re making all these amazing changes at your age. You got your whole life ahead of you to be the best version of yourself. I look forward to watching your progress.

1 Like