My sober diary

Day 1. I’ve managed 6 months alcohol free before now. Then I let the wine witch get me. So day 1. Feeling determined and fragile. Ignoring those who say now is not the time, now is very much the time to be healthy and sober and fully present for my family. Going to try and post on here each day to help my recovery.

6 Likes

How was sober life at six months?

Amazing. I laughed more, thought less and was more healthy. Excellent question!!

2 Likes

Great because I am trying to get there lol, congrats on your first day. Stay motivated if you have done it before you should be able to do it again. Stay safe and stay sober.

Been where you are. Was sober for 5 years and then thought I was “cured”.
I found my second try to sober up easier then the first one. It wasn’t easy, but I knew what worked for me so that made it easier.
More then 19 months sober again with help of this app.
You can do it too, you know what works for you. If you can 6 months you can do more! :facepunch:

2 Likes

Today is the first day ive been sober in a while i know its going to be hard because today is my youngest daughters birthday she turns 6 due to my addiction i lost custody of all 3 of my children its been 5 yrs since ive seen them i hope one day they can forgive me but first i have to forgive myself

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity after 5 years sober how long dd u relapse before deciding to quit again? Was it a quick a realization like omg I cant do this again or was it a longer time before u realized ud gotten back on a bad road?

1 Like

First month I drank moderate and it went ok enough. But the voice in my head was back every day. After time went by I began to drink more. At the end I drank the old amount of alcohol. I drank for 1,5 year. So it wasn’t a short relapse :pensive:
But I didn’t drink as much as before my first 5 sober years.

1 Like

Hi sparkle great job taking the time to get sober again today is day 1 of being sober for me and it is a huge struggle right now I cant stop thinking about it I’ve never been sober for 6 months straight before in 6 years as to why I’m here I believe you can do it stay strong and happy, it’ll be a struggle but were all here to support you

Thanks for sharing that w me. I’m not really far in my journey and I certainly worry about falling backwards and losing the battle.

1 Like

Day 3 of being sober