My withdrawals are so bad

Today I havent drank but I am having some serious withdrawls, I dont want to drink but at the same time I just want to feel better…

2 Likes

What type of withdrawals? Just hang in there and do some relaxing things

I cant stop shaking, and my head is just throbbing, and Im so lightheaded I could barley stand up.:disappointed_relieved:

Contact your doctor if they get too bad.

3 Likes

Take a hot bath. Get some Pedialyte, drink water. Eat bland foods. Rest if you are able. There are some good relaxation and sleep apps out there. If you can’t seem to settle down, you may need to get some fresh air and take a little walk. A bath always helps with the shaking. It gets better.

2 Likes

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the longer we drink and drug, the worse the withdrawal will get. The good news is that you never have to go through withdrawal again if you are willing to take a few simple steps and follow some pretty simple suggestions.

13 Likes

Hi pal. I have been seeing you around here for quite a while now. I have got to ask, what do you expect? You have been here countless times. Withdraws fucking suck, yes. But unless you try something different, they will always be in your future.

I also gotta say that you keep coming back. And that is where it started for all of us. Good job on that for sure. But you gotta try something different.

Best wishes

12 Likes

Hang in there!

1 Like

Haha Gabe, I woke this morning and this was the first thing I thought about. And I knew I was going to say this to the op.
And you’ve said it for me.
@Andrea_Sapp I agree with Gabe on this one. We keep seeing you coming back saying the same thing, going away then coming back again.
You have to change something.
I think if I remember correctly that I may have told you to stay active in here. Interact with this app.
Just a thought.

5 Likes

Withdrawal fucking sucks! But, this is what shapes your future recovery. My withdrawal was so bad that I know I can’t ever do it again. EVER! I was blessed with the gift of desperation, and I absolutely mean blessed. I can’t take a step backwards ever again. At least not when it comes to drinking and using.

Make this your last withdrawal! Do the work and ensure that you will stay sober for the rest of your life!

5 Likes

You guys are all completly right. Sometimes I wish someone could just come and shake me, and scream at me wtf am I doing! Last night was the worst Ive ever been, I couldnt even sleep without waking up every 5 minutes. I kept hearing things that I knew were just in my head. Tossing and turning because I kept getting hot than cold. Today is day 2 and I still feel like crap. Unfortunately I have to make my way to work right now. Hopefully I wake up tomorow and feel better. Ik its not easy to quit, obviously why so many people struggle with this addiction, but I also know its not impossible because if other people can do it so can I. If I continue to do this Im going to loss everything, I have already lost so much. Please keep me in your prayers today

2 Likes

Visual hallucinations, Auditory hallucinations, vomiting black bile until there was nothing left, chest and back painful with the muscle strain of the puking, red hot, freezing cold, soaked in sweat, stinking, constant nausea. I’ve been there Andrea.
It was only on day 4 that I started to recover, a week before I could get out of the house.
Everyone in the thread’s advice is better than anything I’d ever be able to think of - the only thing I can add is that sheer force of will and bloody mindedness (and not wanting to die) drove me through it all.
Do it, push on through for one week - it’s worth it!

4 Likes

What’s your plan this time around?

We have all been there, keep pushing through. Stay hydrated and remember why you want to get and stay sober. This is the easy part. The hard part is staying sober. Take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself :heart:

Hydrate! But as I am reading the other replies.
You know quite well how you should go about this.
Rely on the knowledge that it will get better.
Good luck to you :pray:

Seems like you’re always withdrawing. Not a way to live, you may need to dig deeper than this app. Dont mean to sound harsh, but when do you say enough is enough?

2 Likes

Hello, I hope you’re feeling better. Maybe it’s time to reach out for medical help, or a treatment facility? I can empathize with what you’re going through. I went through withdrawals so soooo many times; and people said the same thing to me… because I wanted to stop desperately but addiction is horrible, and everyone’s journey is different. It took me a really long time to get off oxys. My last withdrawal was the worst took 7 painful days of total WD , body aches, sweating, freezing, insomnia, nausea… I made it and I’ve been clean the longest I’ve ever been in years. 135 days to be exact! I had to be so fed up with myself and everything that comes with addiction. I lost nearly everything. The good news is you don’t have to go through withdrawals again. Please keep coming back, and know you’re not alone. Sometimes it takes awhile, but it’s so worth it!

2 Likes

Go see a Dr. alcohol withdrawal dangerous

1 Like