Narcotics anonymous people smoking?

I eat sugar myself, don’t smoke, but I don’t really give a crap if someone smokes, that’s their right. Wtf you so worried about others for? Focus on you

4 Likes

Do whatever the fuck you want to do.
Just giving a positive suggestion like others.

Will be happy if someone stops smoking.
Not selfish like you.

Okay, let’s tone this down a notch.

5 Likes

Lol. Whatever dude. Go ahead and keep whining

1 Like

I will.
Thanks.

I’m trying my best for sobriety.
I hope will not disappoint you in future.

Trying my best.

1 Like

If smoking (or vaping in my case) nicotine keeps me from using cannabis, then that’s what I’ll do (for now).

Best of luck to you. :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Walk your path.

3 Likes

You should probably worry about your own sobriety before worrying about the sobriety of others. For the most part nicotine, caffeine and sugar are not really mind altering.

4 Likes

This is simply YOUR interpretation of sobriety. I have my own interpretation of sobriety. We each get to define for ourselves what our sobriety and recovery consist of and look like.

You are not the ultimate decision maker on what ‘sobriety’ is for anyone other than your self. Now that’s a blessing, isn’t it? You can relinquish that heavy burden of worrying about who is and isn’t doing sobriety as you believe they should and simply focus on your own journey and sobriety.

Figure out what works for you…total absitinance from all drugs it sounds like…and focus on that. The stuff that doesn’t work for you…medical marijuana, nicotine, etc…you don’t have to include those in your sobriety toolbox.

Keeping the focus on our own journey to sobriety and recovery keeps us moving forward. Focusing on how others recover, is just a distraction from working on our selves. At least that is my opinion.

9 Likes

I don’t think you can quit everything all at once,.I have been sober from drugs and alcohol for 3.5 years. I quit smoking cigarettes last year, but I picked them back up last week… The disease isn’t the drugs though… it’s me, I have to change inside so I don’t let these nasty chemicals take me out.

1 Like

Do you realize that your demands, accusations, and judgements could cause someone to have a mental health relapse? That it could cause someone to have a substance relapse? I mean, if they aren’t sober by your requirements, why be sober at all? Why try at all? Theres a lot of very fragile and easily influenced newcomers here and you are putting toxic ideas out there. That’s very irresponsible. And it’s definitely not “good” advice because you haven’t thought about how it can and will affect others.

Quit being selfish and projecting your failures on others. This whole thread sounds like you are high. Come back to this subject when you’ve got some actual sober time and a solid amount of recovery. I’m willing to bet the bank that your tune will have changed.

Now, stay in you damn lane!

14 Likes

I picked up cigs again myself at the end of Dec. because of my 2 week vaca from work. I understand where you’re coming from mah dude and welcome to the community!

1 Like

If you are a smoker please don’t comment here.
Do some research.
I want suggestions from sober people.
I don’t want any advocacy for smoking.

Please do some research and don’t comment if you are a smoker.
Atleast I don’t want any advice from a addict.
I want advice from actual sober people.

So someone who can’t get/stay sober themselves is telling other people how they should work their sobriety?

FYI, non-smoker here.

4 Likes

Did you know that oxygen in pure form can have mind altering effects. Perhaps we should all stop breathing in order to achieve sobriety?

4 Likes

Also, people aren’t advocating smoking. They are saying you can smoke cigarettes and still be sober.

4 Likes

You should encourage people to quit smoking and not saying that smoking is ok , healthy and you should continue it.

Some of you are giving wrong advice here.