Nearly double digits

Nearly ten days sober! I’m new here but I’ve been lurking for ages. I wanted to get a tiny bit of momentum before sharing :grin:

So, yeah! Feeling good. I’m just sick of feeling not present in my life, you know? I’ve worked a lot on moderating (I’m 26 years old, my drinking was life threatening a few years back) but I feel ready to take the next step. Sobriety feels right.

Only thing that’s tricky is my age I suppose. Everyone thinks you should be doing the “crazy 20s thing”.

9 Likes

I hear ya on that, but you go tell everyone that it’s OK NOT to drink!

Congratulations on 10 days! And welcome!

2 Likes

Great job girl! Your 20’s are the perfect time in your life to make positive changes, because the longer you wait the harder it’ll be! Living life to its fullest is a lot easier when you’re sober enough to remember it! Congratulations on 10 days, you’re doing amazing and I know you can keep it going!!
Lots of love :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on double digits. Have you considered AA? Great way to meet sober people with a common goal.

1 Like

Welcome! Congrats on 10 days!

1 Like

I had the crazy 20’s. It wasn’t fun after a while. If I could go back (I can’t) I would tell myself it was ok to have fun without alcohol.

1 Like

That’s all there is too it. Great advice right there.

My 20s bled into my 30s with all “go crazy” stuff. Sober now by the grace of God, and loving the life I have again.

3 Likes

I used to go to AA, SLAA and another group for bulimics and anorexics. I think I was too new and raw and shy to benefit at the time. I liked the support but I didn’t reach out and just scurried off after!

I’m looking to make sober friends though, and have considered going to a local group near me!

1 Like

I wish I was ready for sobriety in my 20’s. Nobody can tell you what’s right for you. If you don’t want to drink, don’t drink!

And there’s plenty of crazy you can get involved in that’s not drink and drugs :wink:

2 Likes