Need advice. New comer!

I am on day 7 without taking buph. After a long term history of taking them. I am going nuts with myself trying to fight the thoughts/ cravings I don’t have much support. I feel like my anxiety is electryfing. My legs are restless I know this is just the beginning of this. Please help.

4 Likes

firstly absolutely fantastic your on day 7 and welcome, I’m not in a position to advise you on this but if you use the little magnifying glass you can search for a topic for some advice. Wish you well on your journey.

1 Like

Hey buddy i think we talked a few days ago. What is there that i could possibly do to help you?

2 Likes

I’m having issues learning how not to be an addict. All my thinking keeps drifting towards addictive behavior. My brain feels like it’s screaming. My mind keeps lying to me saying just go back to clinic. Or just find something. It’s very annoying lol. I keep reverting back to my usual addictive thinking behavior. I know things I’ve done in past to ones I love, ain’t feeling too good right now either. I never realized how numb those subs made me feel. Untill I stopped taking them. The worst part of my situation, is my freedom. I’m at will doing this right now. Only one person helping persuade to stop taking them besides here. Thinking back now, I’ve spent so many years living as functional recovering addict that my brain is telling me it’s prescribed it’s ok. But I’m scared. I can’t sit still, the restlessness f**kn sucks balls. The electryfing anxiety sucks too. I need a sponsor or something. I don’t have hardly any positive support.

Ok thanks !!

Well you have us, the rooms and your whole healthy life ahead! Subutex is like any other, it takes time. Walking, good meals & rest. Doing shit to take your mind off thinking about it. You are worth this.

2 Likes

Cant express the importance of doing stretchs and light exercise, it helps alot wifh the muscles. Hot showers will also regulate your body temp so your not hot and cold for a couple hours and help with the muscles too. If your already a week in might as well stick it out. And yes gour finally feeling your feelings again. Opiates numb us so we dont feel and when we stop they hit us like a truck which is okay. If your sad, be sad, if you want to cry, then cry. They will eventually level out and you will enjoy actually having feelings and emotions. Have you considered meetings? NA and AA can be very helpful for the mental part. Especially in early recovery.

2 Likes