Need advice on upcoming trip

Need advice for upcoming trip! My mother turns 90 in two weeks and I will be visiting her in Florida. A trip I have been making at least three times a year for the last 30 plus years! It’s always been about a lot of drinking! I have like another home there I know so many people. We go out we meet and we have drinks. I already have anxiety thinking about the trip. Words of advice would be great on how to deal with this situation!

1 Like

My advice would be to not think about it.
I realise that you have to go. It’s your mum after all. But the more you stress about it now the harder it will be to set and enforce boundaries. Which is what you have to do.
The main thing you need to remember here is that the only person who is worried about this is you.
If you set the boundary before you go. Tell everyone that you are not drinking anymore it all helps to set the stage, so to speak.
The only thing you need to think about right now is not drinking right now. Deal with next week when it gets here.
And remember, most people don’t care, some will be happy for you, some may take the micky, so what.
Enjoy what you are doing for you.

3 Likes