Need someone opinion

Would you guys consider having just 3 beers worthy of reseting my goal…my goal is to not get drunk and I definitely didn’t feel drunk after 3 beers?..Thanks

I could ask a few questions about time blah blah blah. But it doesn’t matter what I think it’s your journey. I kinda feel like you are rationalizing this but again your journey. Can I ask do you have special occasions you get a pass? I mean a birthday, New Years, pets first tooth lose? You can see where I’m going with this. I’ve been where you are I wish you better luck than every other addict I know with it.

6 Likes

Think youve scored a own goal there Kevin wish you well

1 Like

I like the pearls of wisdom in this thread…perhaps you will find some as well…

4 Likes

If your goal is to not get drunk… and after 3 beers you don’t feel drunk… why are you questioning it? Black and white it seems very clear that you are still good, but since you’re asking it makes me wonder if you deep down think it’s too much. Maybe you actually want to quit?

From the little that I’ve read of ‘the book’… The issue isn’t really quantity of alcohol, but rather understanding the disease itself has a key component known as the phenomenom of ‘craving’. So if i were in your shoes, I’d ask myself ‘Why did I have 1, 2 or 3 beers’. I know for a fact if I’m honest with myself about that answer its because i damn well craved that taste in my mouth and was yearning to feel that cold frothy drink go down my throat.

Why was I craving it? Not because I have 4 12 packs of seltzer in my fridge which provides a similar physical sensation, but because my MIND tells my body to crave that sensation so it can get the ‘high’ (or buzz) its psychologically craving - To that… I can’t control (yet).

To your question - I believe the question you want to ask yourself is WHY did I have 3 beers?

I’m open to correction and feedback on my theory :smile:

3 Likes

Yes.Since your asking.If it wasnt a problem you wouldnt need to ask us. Deep down only you know whats true but If you are having a problem not getting drunk then most likely youll be better off not drinking.
Ive been through the rationalizing part and realized I dont actually have an off switch…
Whats your drinking pattern like?

You should probably drink another 8 more beers then its a safe bet you will be drunk and able to reset…

That was the question right?

How many beers do i need to drink to get drunk?

O.k. I’m going this way with it. Why are you concerned how many you can drink and not be drunk. I drank to get drunk. If you’re not trying to get drunk ,then don’t drink beer. Drink something else and you don’t need to worry about it. Before you give me “I like the taste”, “I do it to socialize”, “I do it to relax” or “Well,it’s no worse than soda’s” or pretty much anything like that , yeah I’ve been there A Lot. If you can’t do that than yes,three may be too many,or soon it will be much more than three. Moderation doesn’t work for most alcoholic’s. If you took the time and trouble to come here and ask that question, you already know the answer. Best to you on this.

3 Likes

Guess you have answered your question without even asking it.
You are either a moderator or not. Just guessing here, dont think there are many successful moderators here.

Yes reset.

By all means reset. No booze. Not a drop. You know the slippery slope.

@Kevin_Daigle - sorry but yes. A drink is a drink. It might be 3 today but next time blackout. I’ve tried to moderate so many times but always end up back in the same place. You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t know this to be true. Keep at it and good luck.

1 Like

Just to play Devil’s Advocate. and it may take you many years to figure it out but I have a feeling that you might be resetting for a very long time if your goal is to drink and not get drunk.

Years… many. Im 42. 127 days sober. Tried that for 5000+ days??? Just did not work the first 5000 times I tried. Yeah… becauz the first few thousand times i tried “i wasnt reallyyyy trying!”

We all rooting for you brother whatever your goal May be!!!

1 Like