Need something....advice,support

How does anyone make it thru this? Ive been on Subutex/Bupe for over 8 yrs. I was on pain pills a year and a half prior to that. I knew how hard it would be to get off so I never did and recently decided I do not want this controlling my life and started dropping myself off. I took my last dose Thursday at 4 and since have taken a pin point size amount on Saturday at 5 am, Sunday at midnight and last night at 9pm. I am trying everything possible, but I cant seem to push through the 48 hr wall. Please help. I want off of this. I have 3 kids and a busy work schedule and can barely walk I feel so weak, the chills/sweats and restless legs and skin crawling are horrific and too much for my exhausted mind and body to bear at times. When should this get easier? Im not craving it. I take it because I literally havent slept more than an hour since Thursday. My partner has control of the tiny amount i have left, but my Dr says I should come in and drop off for a longer period of time. Im feeling really defeated.

Your mind might not be craving it but obviously your body is. I would go talk to the doctor…sometimes it’s dangerous just to stop something after so many years. The doctor might have a good, safe plan that will make it easier for you to be successful. Good luck

2 Likes

I know advice may be useless coming from a 14-year-old girl who’s addicted to self-harm, as I have little to no experience with drug addiction. However, it’s worth a shot.

I know all may seem hopeless, but just try to push through. Think of the positive, which is hard, I know. It’s practically impossible with me and my severe MDD (Major Depressive Disorder). When you can’t take the pain, focus on something you love to mentally distract you: your kids, hobby, work, a movie, pet, whatever it is that you love. Or, you can even use a tactic that’s used in To Kill A Mockingbird, which is have someone read to you and try to focus on the words and the way they read it.

I know trying to stop drug addiction can’t be easy, and if you need support you can always message me and I’ll do what I can, despite my age and circumstance. I feel like helping you can help me to stop, so we’d just be helping each other. Don’t be a stranger. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You really need to talk to your doctor. I pushed through it, but I still needed help. My doctor actually took me off my anxiety meds, because theu are addictive, did not know that, and he put me on a anti depressant pill.

1 Like