Need support tonight!

Ok guys here is the deal tonight. I am up for a really big job opportunity. I got offered the job but they have to do a background check and because if my xanax and alcohol abuse it landed me in prison so I now have a record so I am worried that I will not get this amazing job. My husband barely talks to me so I don’t have anyone to talk to right now. He has depression from me leaving and being in prison and just shuts down as well and so do I. So it’s silent in the house except for the kids. I have such high anxiety about this that it just puts me in a horrible mood and an incredibly short fuse. I want to yell scream and cry but I can’t do any of that I just fume all I want to do is reach for a xanax or alcohol but I’m 253 days clean and I won’t do it but man I want to so bad!!! Thx for listening to me vent guys!

6 Likes

Ashblack, just remember there’s no problem booze won’t make worse… hang in there sister.

2 Likes

Question: Did you tell them about your prison record? It might be too late now if you haven’t, but as someone who has hired a lot of people, I’d rather you be honest and upfront with me than find a surprise on a background check, particularly if it’s due to a problem you’re working to solve. (And at 253 days sober, you’re doing a great job, btw.)

1 Like