Need to vent real quick

Hey everyone it’s been a while. My last post was about my mom being on hospice and I gotta vent about that. The time has come. She only has a few days left if that. It feels really fucking surreal. I’m lost tbh. Usually she’d be the one I’d turn to for shit like this. Shit really sucks. Been sober for almost 9 months and I know my mom is super proud of me for that but it’s hard to want to stay sober. I wanna drink but I won’t cuz I know the consequences to that and I don’t need that shit. Idk if that even makes sense like I wanna drink but at the same time I don’t. Idk. This sucks. I wouldn’t wish any of this on my Worst enemy. Thanks for letting me vent and stay sober my friends!

15 Likes

Lots of love and prayers with you. Will drinking really make anything better? Will drinking be doing the right thing by your loved ones? We here for you you’re not alone reach out and get to meetings if you can. Lots of love

3 Likes

I’m so sorry youre having to go through this!!! It makes total sense what you’re feeling right now you’re not alone. I lost a parent years back and I know that pain. Keep reminding yourself what you’re staying sober for and how proud your sobriety makes her!!! I’ll be praying for you!!!

1 Like

Just do the next right thing, one day at a time. I find if I’m able to pray and do a gratitude list even if I just spend 10 seconds on both it’s enough to steer my day where it needs to go. I’m 9 months too congrats on that you’ve done well I know how much hard work it is and I don’t wanna give it up for nothing either you gotta put sobriety first and do it for you my bro

It is super hard to lose a parent, also hard to be waiting for someone to pass. Like u are grieving, but the person is still alive. U are going thru one of the hardest things a person goes thru, feel the feelings, be kind to urself. It sounds like ur head is on straight, it is ok to acknowledge a thought of drinking so long as u don’t act on it! Hugs.

1 Like

I’m sorry! I can relate. I was in the same position with my mom last July. It was the worst. Please stay strong on the sobriety front and go ahead and cry your eyes out on the emotional front. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

Hang in there friend. I really do get what you are going through. I was there with my father. Drinking won’t help. Prayers are with you and your mother. She’d appreciate the fight you are willing to fight to stay sober, healthy and safe.

I’m not gonna drink. This just sucks. I’m with her now and they’re saying it’s gonna be tonight. Shit really sucks. The waiting is the worst part. But I promise everyone on here and my mom I’m not gonna drink. I have too much to lose and she wouldn’t want that.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry this is happening. I’m prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there man. If you need to chat or anything I’ve got two eyes and a heart. Happy to help if you need. Again, I’m so sorry your going through this. Peace and Love friend. :v:

Don’t let this feeling of discomfort persuade you into drinking. You’ve hit a hard point in your life. Stay positive. Sending you strength and patience :pray:t5:

Your doing great! 9 months is something to be proud of. In a time like this trying to find relief or comfort somewhere … anywhere I feel would be completely understandable. I’m sure you know it won’t be found at the bottom of that bottle. Keep making your mom proud. Prayers for you