Needing help on day 1 of opiate wd

Hi, I’m 33 years old and I once was an alcholic, maybe I still am? I switched about to pain pills and have been heavily addicted to them for years. I think about them all the time, when I try to stop, I get horrible dreams of demons, drugs and horrible hopeless things. I was once full of life, and life is passing me by. I have a big heart, in 2013 my life got rocked my ex left myself and his family for a woman he just met fresh out of rehab… he was getting better and the pain of that was more than I wanted to feel. I reconnected with people I knew before and started drinking, but then I found the pills numbed, I didnt have a hangover I could function, they gave me energy… now years later I hate them. They no longer do what they once did, they make me emotional and distant. Hopeless and fearful. When I stop I get sick, tired ill, I dont know how long this will last. Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated im on day one again. I know I need to get up and exersice but I’ve been having horrible cramps, chills, and poos :frowning: when will this get better physically, but more so emotionally? I need off the rollercoaster.

2 Likes

You’re making the right step. The first three days are hell, then the next 6 are better. It’s hell there is no easy way around it. It will get better. I’m starting day 48 today. I’m here if you need help

4 Likes

Thank you both very much, I have tried to quit before but my pupils get huge, I still have to get to work, running to the bathroom every 10 mins is hard too… I’ve thought about going to detox to get help, but I’m afraid if I do my children, job will be in jeopardy. My best friend died in February from opiates after her death reoprt was released whatever she got was laced with carfentenal and that should of scared me enough but its been a lot of pain and loss in my life and those pills numb it. I want to stop so much, when i attempt the first few days are bad as far as my stomach and feeling every ache in my body I seem to make it 10 days but the insomnia is a real pain.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Are u feeling better now? Physically, emotionally? I would love to be at day 48. What helps u?

1 Like

Thank you. I am finally desperate to stop. I hate it now where before I loved it to keep me from feeling. Its gotten worse. I could try a detox? I might look around I’m scared to do that… I’ve been a liar a fraud. Living a lie. Only the closest people know… but not my job or anyone else. Well im sure people can notice right? Ugh

1 Like

I feel great now. My enegry levels are getting better, emotionality I’ve been good just knowing that I’m over that shit. Cravings are still a bitch but I’ll deal with them. My first 3 days I had to work because I didn’t tell them the whole story of my failed test. Though the nights I put my earbuds in and watched YouTube videos all night long. It helped take my mind off of the fact I wish I was dead. It’s a long road but it is do able. Truthfully my 48 days went really fast. Just keep setting small goals and get excited for them. Talk to people it helps.

1 Like

Its definitely worth a try. Im going to try my best to go cold turkey and stay away from subs I’ve heard those are hard to come off too… I’m on day one laying here lifeless feeling like a loser, but I found this app and you nice people, and there must be more people feeling how I feel so its definitely worth a shot. I opened up and told my closest friends family. They knew I had a drinking problem but this has been my little secrect. I’m going to google a meeting near by, and try to walk outside tomorrow fresh air, and water, exercise. I’m hopeful. Thank you guys. Its a great relief to get this off my chest.

2 Likes

There is nothing worse than opiates withdrawals

2 Likes

I’m on day 48 now. I’ve went 10 years clean. When I broke my leg I started just like I never stopped. My tolerance was the same. I went right back to 2 bags at a time plus what ever pills I could find. The first time I went to a rehab this time I didn’t. Everything was just like I never stopped

1 Like

Keep at it pal. It can be done. I’ve been following you. You do good for a while then disappear for a little bit. You can beat this.

2 Likes

I can be done I’m sure of it. I’m on day 94 myself! Once you get through the withdrawal things start to get better! I had no choice but to go cold turkey cause I got locked up. Not fun at all. I came off dope and methadone in jail! By far the worst I’ve been though! Keep your head up. Take it one day at a time! The biggest thing for me since being home is telling myself every morning that for today I’m gonna stay clean! Also if you can get to 2 weeks without using the vivatrol shot is amazing! No cravings at all when I got it! Now I’m on the pill form and when I take it in the morning that’s my just for today I’m gonna stay clean! Too much to lose!

1 Like

Whats that shot I’ve never heard of it

It blocks opiates. I got it when I got out of jail July 28. I don’t have cravings at all. Of course you think about the shit because let’s be real about the situation drugs are a major part of an addicts life so it’s always in the back of my head. But I don’t crave them which is amazing in itself!

1 Like

Ok thank you for ur support today I only got out of bed when needed. To the bathroom and I did take a hot shower. I hope I can sleep. I feel like my body aches bad even my hands this is horrible, but I’ll keep checking in. Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

You can do it. It’s mind over matter at this point! You have to be stronger then the drugs! I would of never done it if I hadn’t gotten locked up and I would probably be dead right now!

1 Like

I don’t know what your thoughts on yoga and meditation are but for me personally they have helped me so much. I’m an alcoholic but 20 days sober. I find that while I’m practicing yoga I just feel so good about myself. That feeling will last well into the night and I can get a restful and peaceful sleep. Plus after I finish practicing I find that I don’t want to mess up this “natural high” by putting something in my body that ends up leaving me miserable. Maybe yoga could really help you too! It’s at least worth a try!

1 Like

Where can i get the shot? Do i have to go thru rehab first? The cravings are bad… I think about it a lot. Its just pathetic :cry:

I googled vivatrol shots near me and the first site that came up was a really good one. I didn’t have to go to rehab the only requirement is being off opiates for 2 weeks. Because they don’t want an interaction.

Ok thank you I will google it near me

You’re welcome

1 Like