Negative effects of alcohol

Well here I am again. Starting over… although I’m excited about it this time! Maybe because I know the positive things that come when I decide to change for the better. Just had two very lucid nightmares back to back and I know it’s because of the alcohol I’ve been drinking… I can am usually remember my dreams very well, but hate when my dreams are toxic nightmares. Anyone else get this?? Anyways it is my first night back from vacation(went to the beach with daughter and parents) it’s time to get my life together for real this time. Don’t have any support from family or friends but I will get through this. Going to start working out. New diet. And maybe hit up a AA meeting although I’ve never been to one. I could use some help… I know evil is trying to get to me but I have Jesus on my side so I will keep my head up and try harder this time. If y’all would please pray for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

6 Likes

Doing things differently is a good way to try to find success, it certainly won’t hurt to try it out! You may love it! I had vivid dreams when I quit also. I’ll be praying for you to find what you need to make sobriety stay long term for you! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Any prayers would help me right now

2 Likes

This is good. You sound like you have a new mindset and that is great. But take it easy too. If you do too much at first you could get frustrated and give it all up. Maybe don’t force a perfect diet yet. Allow yourself to be treated with food, if needed, so you don’t reach for a drink instead. Or maybe go to bed early instead of hitting the gym if you’re feeling particularly tempted. (I know 8+ hours in bed is great for me to ride out a craving). Just a thought.

4 Likes

You’ll never find more support than you will at an AA meeting. Just take it 1 day at a time, whatever it takes

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks. I’ll try those tips. :slight_smile:

No maybe about it! It changed my life. In the beginning I needed to go…now, I want to go

2 Likes

Had hundreds of start overs, just keep trying until you get sick and tired of being sick and tired. You may want to look into Celebrate Recovery as well, they are Christian based and there may be one in your area. Prayers going up…:pray:

Thank u for that! Much appreciated