Neighborhood Coffeehouse Gos-Sipping

I prefer black coffee from Starbucks.

I do not think that this fact, in and of itself, means that I am a snobby aristocrat who thinks his @#$& smells sweeter than average, but I am told by some that my self perception is not correct. :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

So does the the fact that I even patronize their business establishment quality me as what I mentioned above or not?

8 Likes

Liking Starbucks only qualifies you as someone who doesn’t like good coffee.
Definitely not a snob. No real snob would go to Starbucks.
You’re fine.

36 Likes

Not snobby just a “no-frills” type.

3 Likes

As a manager at Starbucks, I don’t think you’re a snob unless you order a ridiculous frappuccino with a million customizations :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I’m not a coffee expert but I think Starbucks coffee is some of the worst out there. 7/11 coffee is way better in my opinion. I don’t think that makes you a snob though? :rofl:

No offense @Scorpn :heart:

9 Likes

And If you order pike place, i think you don’t like coffee :rofl:

1 Like

Tim Hortons is the best quick coffee around here. Can’t beat grinding your own though. Some amazing beans out there

4 Likes

Haha none taken. I love 7/11 blueberry coffee :relaxed:

2 Likes

That stuff is good!

I do get Starbucks occasionally, but I add stuff like the pumps of vanilla. I just don’t like the black coffee which is typically what I like to drink.

2 Likes

Italian roast tastes like a forest fire.
Pike is a sad excuse of a coffee
Dark roast is for people who don’t know that there’s not much caffeine and equate the “strong bitter taste” to high caffeine

Blonde roast is superior :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

That sounds like an expert breakdown! I’ll have to keep that list in mind next time I go.

2 Likes

Lol i have coffee master training.
About to do it a second time.

Different types /roasts of coffee are better made with different methods…
For example, Sumatra has a high oil content, and is best in a French press because there’s no paper filter to absorb the oils/flavor

4 Likes

Whoa!!! So if I like the stiff flavor go for Dark Roast instead of Regular Pike?

2 Likes

The darker the roast, the longer it was roasted. And the stronger the flavor.
But, the longer the roast, the less caffeine content…

Pike is

Medium roast
Medium acidity
Medium body
And in my opinion medium flavor. :sweat_smile:

If you like the stronger flavor, go dark.
If you need the caffeine boost, get any blonde roast/or blonde espresso.

My go to is a triple blonde shot espresso. :relaxed:

But really, unless you enjoy the taste of ashes…I’d steer clear of Italian roast from Starbucks.
I’ve only met one person who likes it, and even she says it tastes like licking an ashtray :grimacing::grimacing:

8 Likes

I’m a veteran. I don’t care where the coffee comes from as long as it’s strong enough for the spoon to stand up in it.

10 Likes

You’re asking people, some of who drink AA coffee.

Yeah. Y’all high falootin.

14 Likes

About to be a grammar snob here. (:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

8 Likes

:crazy_face:    

2 Likes

I’m torn with Starbucks. I kinda like the brand for some reason, but I don’t know how they get away with making bizarre seasonal specials that taste foul and you have to choke down because you paid 5 dollars for it.

I enjoy regular frappachinos, considering them a liquid dessert while I natter to a friend.

My husband squeezes the filter paper to get the last drops out of the coffee he makes for us in the morning.

7 Likes

I love the refreshers blended. My favorite currently is pineapple coconut blended with creme base. The trick to make it thick and creamy like the frappuccinos, is to use the tea shaker and use one size down for the liquid measurements :relaxed:

Frappuccinos aren’t exclusively a “snobby” drink. But if the ticket is longer than the cup, i do judge :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes