Neighborhood Coffeehouse Gos-Sipping

Starbucks is the McDonald’s of coffee, not that its bad, but that it’s consistent. You can visit a Starbucks in any city, state or country and you know exactly what you’re gonna get.

Personally, I like starbucks coffee.

I make an double shot Americana every morning with my Starbucks beans in my Starbucks brand espresso machine.

In fact, I have made coffee for people who “hate” starbucks and they were like, wow, that’s really good, what beans are those… lol

7 Likes

I’d love to send out some of my bags of coffee. I get a new bag every week and never get though it before i have another one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My husband also likes certain Starbucks beans and grinds his own each morning. I haven’t drunk coffee in years now do I can’t weigh in too much but it does smell delicious.

3 Likes

I will try Dark Roast tomorrow…

2 Likes

i feel this.

signed, coffee snob

5 Likes

No you’re a snob for other reasons :smile::relaxed:
Caramel Machiatto Chris Yom! :yum: But as my friend from Sweden/Finland told me last year in San Francisco, when you drink coffee, you want to taste coffee! Lol @Jennajen

3 Likes

I’m curious how you like it, and which roast you try tomorrow. :relaxed:

1 Like

Also, my caffeine addicted self only had 9 shots of espresso today. And my head may explode at any time :dizzy_face:

Maybe i should taper down on the blondes and try a dark :sweat_smile:
But it’s gotta be a slow detox or i might not be able to function.

However, I was drinking 20+ shots of blonde espresso a day and then having coffee at home after work for a loooonng time… I have made it more than halfway down from my heaviest days. So small steps have been made in the right direction :thinking::relaxed:

5 Likes

My personal get my ass up and moving is blonde roast, love the veranda blend.

Pikes place is good for later in the evening wjen you want desert coffee and you don’t wanna be up all night

1 Like

20 shots a day? You might need to dial it down a bit there blondie…:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

4 Likes

Well i used to have 3 shots when i got there, 3 more when the store opened, three on my morning break, 2-4 at (for) lunch break and another 2 triple shots before my shift was done. Then I’d leave with 4 usually (sometimes 6) for the drive home. And then make coffee when i arrived. :flushed::flushed:

It was a lot. I always drank coffee, but when i quit using, I was SOOO TIRED!! and i had been working 12-15 hour shifts in a coffee shop. So it was both easy to access, and free…
Not an excuse, just…i guess the lesser of two evils when i needed the energy to get through the day.

I have tried to cut back. And today i was at work for 2hours before i had any type of caffeine. And only drank 3 of the triple shots (and half of a refresher which has caffeine too :person_facepalming: forgot about that till just now…)

My goal is to have only one cup of coffee a day. But I’m still pretty far off from that

3 Likes

Truck stop coffee is magic
Dunkin is watered down
Starbucks is good, but a lot of the drinks are too sweet to be considered coffee
And Tim’s is awesome, but not readily available in my area

Haha I’m also preparing for the uproar :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

I’m a black drip coffee at home girl. If I’m feeling fancy and take myself out for a cup it’s coffee with steamed milk, it doesn’t matter where.

I work with people who bring in extra large iced extravaganzas every day with 10+ pumps of flavor and whipped cream on top. It is only then that I get snobby about “coffee”. It is nearly impossible for me to talk to them about which brand tastes better. To me they are drinking cake. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Haha exactly!! It’s barely coffee anymore with some of these “fancy” drinks. May as well just call it a sugar rush :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I think one sip would give me the shakes. To each their own but don’t try to talk coffee flavors through all that sugar. Madness. :crazy_face::flushed:

4 Likes

Agreed. The most I’ll do to my coffee is a splash of oatmilk to cool it down enough to drink without burning my mouth

2 Likes

I bought decaf for my house and might have a post-work cup now. Mmmmmm, coffee.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s great.

To be fair, I never say anything about the coffee flavor, here is better than there, etc. I just like my liquid cake. And just once a month or 6 weeks or something. Not every morning

6 Likes

Hey, if you love the sweet drinks,

I think the Mocha cookie crumble frappuccino, add toffee nut syrup, and caramel drizzle is delicious.

I tried to do a mock order to show the customizations but no stores are open now for me to show the order :sweat_smile:

Edit: stores are now open

2 Likes

THE SHADE. :joy::joy::joy::sob::sob::sob: Ok the Java Chip Frap SLAPS tho if u like chocolate

1 Like