Nerves and surprising unconscious urges near six months

I believe we addicts (alcohol is also a drug so no need to seperated them :wink:) are more aware of the proces then “normies” we reflect on our minds all the time.
We struggle with dealing with life as it comes that’s why we use.
“normies” seem to have different ways of handling things and don’t feel the need to sedate the pain of life.

Isn’t it amazing… We hit a 180 :heart_eyes:. I have no partner to gimme something special. But I have my son with me that means the world :pray:t2:

Enjoy Tommorow like the day before and after. SOBER :wink::muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Haha, i know alcohol is a drug, but not all addicts are alcoholics, thanks for the mansplaining :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just didn’t know what Modestakieran identifies as or referenced in her comment, hence the question.

I generally take issue with the whole normie/addict divide, when it comes to saying normies have it easier, they deal with life better etc, dunno. I have a dark feeling that everyone has their own shit, addict or no. Ppl with mental health issues but without being addicts, for example.

Also I congratulate you to your own 6Months achievement! Seems we are all close siblings! Have a wonderful day with your son :hugs::boom::fist:

I know it brings insecurity and stress, but I am really really enjoying the focus on change and improvement. Was stuck in my bedroom with the lights off and a bottle for company for too long. Embracing the hustle now. Thanks for your detailed and careful answers! Have a great day!

It’s Addictsplaning… Really.
So when a man says something it is automatically mansplaining? That’s some weird thinking😂

About normies. I said different… Not easier or better I referenced to non addicts if you will just because they don’t feel the need to use substances to get life…

No, only when he uninvitedly explains sth to a woman she hasn’t asked to be explained and it’s to be assumed doesn’t need to by him, as it pertains to herself, female issues, is general knowledge or whatever. It could be assumed I know alcohol is a drug, seeing as I’m a recovering alcoholic and I am here on this app for addicts.

True you said different. My bad.

Well that’s a whole bunch of letters to tell someone who ment well he shouldn’t.

Does it make a difference if I would have said this to a man?

Really interested in how this constructs works. Want to be a better human.

I too have enjoyed it. Sometimes it goes overboard, but it’s all for the better. It’s only around the milestones that it used to creep up and be a negative thing. I didn’t think I should be doing “better” everyday, it was only around those milestones that I subconsciously felt like I wasn’t doing enough.

1 Like

Yes it would have been different. The gender dynamic is exactly the point. I think I explained it well enough, don’t want to linger on this now. I’m sure you meant well but patriarchical bullshit affects us all, intentions aside, that’s why I flared up. Affected. Ok peace joker! Heading into my first aa meet now.

Ok folks, so a wee update on how the milestone malady went - badly! I ended up canceling my boyfriends dinner plans and spent the last three days in a very very dark mindset: a weight on me, feeling of doom, hopelessness and confused deeply negative feeling inside as I know well as the depression I’ve been battling with for many years, but had not suffered from for a glorious while, the last few months. It shows me the reasons I had for drinking and the punitive functioning of my mind are still in place and strong, despite everything I have learned over the last half year and all the progress I’m also making in my therapy. A humbling experience to say the least! It did help me to try and be kind to myself yesterday, let’s say I didn’t make it worse to the extent I would have back in the day, by constantly enhancing the negative selftalk. But it was still pretty bad. I had to go out and buy smokes and opened an AF beer, but that was all my addiction got out of me.
I’m looking forward now to go back to normality and to re-establish a productive, less horrified outlook over my days.
I wish you all a happy and safe day! :green_heart::sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

Well done you for getting through that pain.
You’ve done it now, next time you will be ready for it and know what to expect.
Don’t forget that we are learning new ways to cope with life instead of drowning it out with our DOC.
You can always make it up to your bf when you are in a better place.
I’m proud of you, well done.

1 Like

Thank you Geoff for your kind words.

Good to hear you made it through that tough time. It sounds like you have a growing self-awareness - that is a wonderful victory! Wishing you safety and steadiness today on your next step forward. :innocent: