Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc….. binge ideas please!

What online womens groups are there?

Right now I am on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmit. It’s so funny and dumb. I love it.

1 Like

Hi Alicia- I heard all about this from listening to “The Bubble Hour” podcast. Usually they interview women and their journey to sobriety. The host, Jean Mcarthy writes a blog called “Unpickled” and there is lots of info there!

On her podcast she mentioned a some women’s groups that I found: She Recovers. They host retreats with speakers and women from all over the world go there. They do retreats with speakers, workshops, sharing circles, and yoga. Another one is held in Mexico (worth saving for) and they rent a house with a chef on the beach, and a dozen women or so go for a sober retreat together. I did a local She Recovers yoga retreat (cheaper, in my own state) to celebrate my one year recovery. The women I met there and I created our own secret facebook group and that had taken the place of Sober Time for me, mostly.

Through the Bubble Hour, I learned She Recovers also has a secret Facebook group for women called She Recovers Together. To join that, you can ask through the She Recovers website to be added, I forget how I got into that one. Usually it is by friending a fictional person that allows entry. I can help if you want to join. Just message me!

I also love BFB (Booze Free Brigade) another secret group that is men and women, and is another secret facebook group. To join that one, you “friend” Elizabeth Cloud, and that the way to get in.

Have you read This Naked Mind by Annie Grace? She has a group called the alcohol experiment, where you go alcohol free for thirty days, and she sends videos each day, so hopefully by the end of the 30 day “experiment” you won’t ever want to go back to drinking. There is a secret facebook group that goes along with her 30 day challenge. I found mostly women to be there.

Check out the Bubble Hour podcast if you haven’t already. Lots of women’s stories there. We were recorded on two episodes during our retreat in November. Episodes are called “Voices of Recovery”.

:slight_smile: --Ellen

3 Likes

I have missed you @LNM!! Great info there. I agree, She Recovers is a wonderful group!!

Wow! That’s amazing! I would love to join all of those but I have been off of Facebook since last summer and dont plan on getting back on there anytime soon, but if I do I will let you know!! And yes I do want to read The Naked Mind!

Frasier.

The answer is always Frasier.

4 Likes

Hahaha. Haven’t watched that in years. It was rerun over here on a Sunday morning years ago and we used to watch it while having breakfast in bed.

1 Like

Just started watching “Homecoming” (on amazon). Is it worth watching? Somehow starts sort of slow…

2 Likes

Currently binging Supernatural . RIP Rufus Turner.

2 Likes

Happy 11 months!

2 Likes

Dude You was a crazy show. Like, he was such a great guy, then I sympathized with him then O_O though I still kind of loved it?
:honeybee:

Happy 11 mos brother. :heart:

1 Like

I’m too cheap to get Netflix. What’s good on Amazon Primetime this month? I am way behind on movies – maybe I’ll watch some of the Oscar nominees.

I would also like to recommend One Day at a Time, if anyone needs a good laugh.

1 Like

Netflix:

1. Peaky Blinders- 1920’s Organized Crime in England
    2)The Last Kingdom- somewhat historically accurate with some fictional characters depicting the struggle for the whole of England between Dane Vikings and King Alfred the Great and his armies.
    Amazon Prime:
    Movie: Dont Worry, he wont get far on foot.
    Based on the true story of alcoholic cartoonist, John Callahan, dealing with life and acoholism after a major trauma, caused by out of control drinking. Could possibly be triggering.
2 Likes

Just watched the Ted Bundy Tapes. Was pretty awesome. That dude was f’ed up!

3 Likes

Highly reccomend dirty john on netflix! Watched it in 2 nights!

2 Likes

The in-betweeners

Just re-watching Being Human. The original UK series.
Forgotten how awesome it is.
If you like gritty dark British comedy/drama with vampires, werewolfs and ghosts then this is for you. Well written and stars Aiden Turner.
(Is quite gory and has a little sex scenes)

2 Likes

shameless is a good show

6 Likes