Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc….. binge ideas please!

I guess I am that much different in sobriety. I still like the show BUT I am appalled at how despicable every one of them are. There’s so many shows I’ve streamed with unlikable characters. Ozark comes to mind. Ugh. Still are we not entertained? Ef yeh! I started Beef last night. Two episodes in I am hooked. Beef on Netflix.

Beef Beef (TV series) - Google Search
This one too. More peeps I couldn’t hang with
Izzit me? It’s on Hulu

Tiny Beautiful Things Tiny Beautiful Things - Google Search

2 Likes

Oh man, yes. We have watched a couple of documentary films on Woodstock 99 and yeah…shitshow.

3 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying Season 3 of Picard. The old Next Generation back together. I hear to stick around after final credits of finale.

2 Likes

Finding this show extremely interesting.
@Matt i love the good place. It’s very funny

2 Likes

I watched Peace,Love and Rage. Agree,total shit show. Disturbing.

2 Likes

Marvelous Mrs Maisel

Catastrophe

Both on Amazon prime

Gosh I’m such a nerd but my hubby & I watch Supernatural/ yup the HS - college show girls like - the plots are great! , cute brothers , famous stars pop in & great music ! 15 years was on TV! 2005-2020 & I’m 57! And / Or
Miami Vice / cool 80s vibe ,fun ride - guest stars that became stars like Bruce Willis , Ed oNeil, Chris Rock, google was like 40 stars ! To Glen Frey & Phil Collins - either show not tempting !

4 Likes

Just started Yellowstone recently and I’m on season 4 already! SO good! :grin:Neo Western On Peacock TV.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen yet but heard great things. …should also check out the prequels 1883" and "1923

1 Like

Just started Jury Duty on Prime. Pretty funny so far if you can see it for the joke that it is.

3 Likes

Back in 99 I wanted to go to that show so bad. I remember begging my mom to let me. I was 14 and she said hell no. After watching that documentary I’m happy I wasn’t there.

3 Likes

I’m several years late but finally decided to give Outlander a go lol. Half way through season 1 and I’m surprised to like it more than I thought I would.

3 Likes

After I finish Yellowstone, I want to start Yellowjackets. It looks like Lost meets Lord of the Flies meets American Horror Story.

5 Likes

Succession on HBO max. not a huge fan of the most recent season but it’s such a gem

1 Like

Maybe this should in the foodies thread, but it’s related to this thread also, so I’ll put it here.

Yesterday I made a batch of the Ted Lasso biscuits. Now I cannot say for sure if the recipe is the real deal, but I recently got myself a brand new Kenwood stand mixer, so I had to try of course! :smiley:

And I might have done something wrong, because they didn’t turn out like in the pictures, or maybe I should’ve done a bigger batch, because the bowls in my stand mixer are huge!

Anyway, I gotta say, Hannah Waddingham gives an outstanding performance because the biscuits were ok, but not great. :joy: Although I’ve come across a story where she tells that the biscuits in the first season tasted awful, so they modified the recipe.

So here’s a picture of my attempt of biscuits with the boss! :smiley:

5 Likes

Me too. I hear great things but will have to buy it to stream it. It seems like all the good new stuff has shifted to Paramount Plus. I have to draw my line somewhere and 4 streaming services is it for me. :face_with_spiral_eyes: Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Some show’s I’ve watched recently

Beef (Netflix) - 8/10 - 2 mentally unstable strangers have beef with each other over a road rage incident and escalates to epic proportions.

Florida Man (Netflix) - 5/10 - Ex-cop with a gambling problem engages in questionably illegal activity to heist recently found pirate treasure.

Shadow and Bone (Netflix) - 8/10 - A period/fantasy tale of an average woman with extraordinary powers and her attempt to remove an evil entity in her world.

Jack Ryan (Amazon) - 7/10 - Of all the things he’s not, there is one thing he is, “Just an Analyst”. Despite the fact that Tom Clancy has been beating the Jack Ryan drum since the 80’s, this show is good and pretty detailed. Not for the casual viewer, requires high level of attention, but it is satisfying if you put in the effort.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s kind of ridiculous all the streaming platforms available. I have HBO, Netflix, Hulu, and Prime as my regulars. I just started a free trial of Paramount + to watch Yellowjackets. I feel a little insane :rofl:.

3 Likes

YouTube TV, Netflix, Prime, Hulu and Apple are my current subscriptions. I just cannot justify one more. :grimacing: I might do a free trial for Yellowjackets though, I hear it is binge worthy. And this is where they get me…

3 Likes

Omg @HoofHearted you speak my language lol i love your reviews and will have to check em out

3 Likes