Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc….. binge ideas please!

only watched 2 episodes so far and i’m hooked LOL

4 Likes

Started it last week but been slacking it’s a good show though.

1 Like

2 Likes

Slow Horses Season 3. If you have Apple and you aren’t watching this you are missing peak Gary Oldman.
Its super twisty spy stuff which I don’t normally love but it is so well done.

7 Likes

Just watched Ellen’s Last Stand up special on Netflix

She’s great! And this was a good one :+1:
@JazzyS

I liked both seasons :smiling_face:

1 Like

I logged into my Apple TV today to find I am no longer in a shared relationship with my benefactor :sob::sob::sob::sob:

These horses are slower still for me.

1 Like

Need to check that one out.
Need to remember to check that one out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This show really is creepy

1 Like

I enjoyed watching Fallout but never got around to watching Twisted Metal yet! It definitely looks just as gory & violent!!

Oh yeah! I so dig Jackson Lamb. The amount of filth, lack of self-care and utter disgust Oldman manages to convey is astounding. I honestly cringe a little every time I see him interact with other people and love him on the other hand.
The only problem I have with the show is that compared to Oldman and Kristin Scott Thomas and maybe Christopher Chung the rest of the cast just falls short. Not because they are bad actors. But it is very hard to be placed side by side with such great actors and come off as someting else then mediocre. Although I do love Standish.

Am about to finish season 2. Very curious about the rest.

2 Likes

I can definitely see your perspective here but Roddy Ho and Cartwright pull this back for me. Roddy because he is such an unlikable punk and Cartwright because I find myself yelling at the screen as he decides to take action and then follows through. I don’t often read spy novels but I am tempted to give Mick Herron a go.
My only complaint is that I ration the episodes because I always want more. :disguised_face:
I love how Lamb is portrayed as such a miscreant but his brain is ten steps ahead of everyone else’s. Such a lovely unlikable bunch and so well made.

1 Like

Oh yes. Yelling at Cartwright has become one of my favourite past times :grin: He is so utterly useless in a perfect kind of way, always stepping in every pile of dung :joy:
Roddy is gold. I am an IT-nerd myself and he voices a lot of the thoughts that sometimes come to mind when people come to me with their ‘computer problems’.

I also thought about reading the novels. I don’t know how close the series is to the books.

I just finished season two and almost left to late for my class cause I wanted to finish it first. Bloody awful binge material that show!

1 Like

This is one I save to watch with my husband so no binging for me. It is almost comical how ready we have to be to decide to watch one together. If we are the least bit tired we put it off for another day so we can fully enjoy it.

Roddy is a really well thought out character. He’s very intelligent but horrible to women and they let you see that its because he wants to be with someone so badly. Then he has a soft side that he immediately squashes when someone notices. A joy to watch. A kid who needed hugged more.

Cartwright amuses me.
Lamb repulses me and then redeems himself and I can’t stop watching.

2 Likes

Currently on season two of Reservation dogs. It’s pretty funny. It’s on Hulu. Might not be everybody’s cup of tea but it’s worth checking out. A lot of good lessons about life regardless of your age.

3 Likes

Hang on. I’m starting season 4 tomorrow… Aren’t you on S4…?

1 Like

Ooops. Maybe? The newest season.

Edited: yep, season 4. In these days of streaming I lose track.

1 Like

By the way also a great show to discover interesting british insults and other choice expressions :joy:

2 Likes

This was cute and funny

1 Like

I can offer help there if ever needed… :rofl::rofl::rofl::uk:

3 Likes