New beginnings let's get it

A week ago today I tested positive for covid what a better time to quit drinking :rofl: I went through withdrawals from alc and suffered fever etc. From COVID. It was a living hell! Today is day 8 and I’m so excited to start feeling okay again.

15 Likes

Haha I like the logic, may as well get all the suffering out the way while your already suffering :sweat_smile:
Have you been doing some reading on how to beat the urges once your feeing :100:. I always found being prepared for the cravings and some good books about sobriety really helped me in the early days.
Well done on your first week!

4 Likes

That’s a killer opening move, respect man.

2 Likes

You know that’s the first I’ve heard of that. Sometimes the worst things can be a blessing in disguise.

Welcome to the community , and good luck on your journey !!

1 Like

Thanks. I was listening to David Goggins today because it helps me deal with (and sometimes thrive in) the incredible discomfort of life and he said “You just gotta take pleasure in knowing nobody wants to be where you are” (when you’re on your hero’s journey). And your kickoff is impressive, so keep it up son!

1 Like

Well done! Keep that feeling in mind when cravings occur. Think about up front what you are going to do to get pass them.
When you are sick because of Covid you do not want to drink but when you are feeling better our addictive minds starts to do his thing again is my experience. So be aware :blush:

Well done for the 8 days! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Yeah lol that’s how my mind works haha. ummm yeah I know a few tools too keep me clean. I was in rehab a year ago made it 30 days than relapsed. Don’t really like AA at all or NA don’t like opening up to people. Butttt this time I really feel like I have no choice. I miss the feeling of being clear headed and actually enjoying life

2 Likes

Thanks mannn!!! And yeah that’s how I was thinking about it too. Last time I quit for a year and half was cuz of a dwi and I feel like the was also a blessing in disguise.

2 Likes

Yeahhhh deff that’s how my mind works also, or when I’m bored my mind always thinks about some dumb shit to get me into trouble

1 Like

@Weeping_Willow we all have our wake-up calls one way or another. Sober lifestyle is the way to go. The worst is when someone is clearly an addict to something, or has problems with it but doesn’t have their wake-up call or is too stubborn to admit because they’re more addicted then they think they are , or don’t want to “let go” of the “fun” life style that’s actually all a delusion and in their head.

I have friends I had to cut out who just simply won’t admit they have a problem and they’re gonna drink themselves to death or find out when they’re too old to reverse their health that it’s too late. Not to sound negative, but it’s true if we’re realistic about alcohol and what it really does to the body.
Alcohol related deaths and illnesses are more common than people think.

Sometimes we find out in the strangest ways we have an issue , but Im always a firm believer everything happens for a reason GOOD or BAD . I mean if covid was your time to self reflect that’s pretty dope, some people have to literally be in life or death situations to finally accept they have an issue. Lol, and sometimes they don’t even wake-up after those situations. That’s the scary part about addiction. People can literally be completely ignorant and unaware of it until it’s too late.

1 Like