New here... an wow I want a drink

My name is Mike I have been sober for 3 days now. I recently just got a week-long drinking binge. On the last day I lost my lady we have been together 12 years one month away from 13. She just got tired I’m a-coming home wasting and us arguing. Tried a few times to get sober but I just kept on falling off the wagon. Now I’m trying to do this alone. Being broken hearted and alone is making this very hard. I really want to go out and have a drink

8 Likes

You don’t have to do this alone Mikey.
There are all sorts o recovery group meetings in person and there are online recovery groups.
Plus there is us.
Reach out wherever my friend. Help is never far away.
Congratulations on the 3 days.

4 Likes

Thanks @anon12657779 so far reading all your guys post an stories has been helpful. Anytime I get the urge I just start reading it definitely helps.

1 Like

@Mikeyonedayagain it is hard but in 11 days my life is starting to change. My oldest who left home and went NC (we have had 2 trauma counseling sessions). We are now actually possibly having Thanksgiving at a restaurant together. Sobriety did this. Healing the deeper work did this.

1 Like

Morning mike. I feel your pain it’s so hard trying to do this on our own . There’s so much support on here . Maybe check out aa meetings they really do help and you can make new soba friends who will show you the way to live in recovery. You never know working hard on yourself may help save your relationship x

4 Likes

Welcome Mikey. It’s hard yes, but trust yourself and this decision, because IT’S WORTH IT. You will slowly but surely start to value yourself and your life again. You don’t need to do this alone either, like @anon12657779 said - perhaps try a meeting, so many postive stories of long term recovery on here of ppl who choose to go to AA or SMART and get the support they need to get sober, and remember just take it one day at a time. I wish you well.

1 Like

Keep going! Every day things will get better. As the mind clears so will your thoughts and feelings, and you will begin to learn more about yourself and embrace a new way of living.

You got one day more than me. Keep it up

Thanks everyone for the support. I know life will be better sober. I just have to put my self around the right people an stay positive

4 Likes

Welcome Mike! Glad you have made the decision to start your sober journey. It’s not going to be easy but you, like us, can do it. One hour at a time, one day at a time. It’s great to have you here with us! Sending you positive vibes and wishing you the best of luck :slight_smile:… we are here anytime if you need us. There are some fab folk on here that always know what to say at just the right time. You are loved and you are awesome! Xx

1 Like

Welcome Mike!

This forum has some great threads to check in daily. I’m in my 3rd week and I remember the first couple of days coming off my last bender.

For me whats helping is to read on the issue of alcohol use and learn about my issue. I haven’t started going to meetings yet but when I was sober for a year last year I went to AA meetings and it does help to talk to people face to face.

You are not alone brother

3 Likes