New here and seeking fellowship

Hi my name is Nick I’m new here.
I’m not too sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I have currently been struggling with heroin off and in for the last 5 years, I am now 26 and have really been trying to get clean for a long time now but I’ve gotten to the point where I actually want it for myself and I’ve been having a hard time. I’ll telll myself I’m done with it and end up picking up the next day. I’m really in need of people i can contact when I’m struggling. If anybody has time to lend in ear and could help talk me through cravings when they come up it would be appreciated. I know I have a lot of good things going in my life right now and I’m at the point where it’s sink or swim, I either stop using and become the man ive always been meant to be, or to continue throwing my life away and becoming another statistic. So if anybody could reach out with phone numbers that would be rad
Nick

3 Likes

You’re very welcome :blush:

I’m not the right person to talk too but there are many on here with Opiate addictions

Hope you find what you’re looking for

Nice one for reaching out Nick. My poison is alcohol so can’t offer much advice but people on here are really supportive and understand what your going through. Love the fact you recognise you want to be the man you were supposed to be. He’s there and you can work on being him one day at a time. Have you looked into NA?

Have you taken steps to block and ignore any users and dealers? Possibly get a new phone? The harder you make it for yourself to access it will make it easier… This will also give you time to realize if your seeking after taking extra steps to access it. Stop to take a minute and breathe thinking about something else that needs done or reach out… We always have something we can do even if its to sit back listen to music or watch hulu, netflix…etc… Do you have any plans in place and analyzed why you relapsed in the past?

Your in the same boat as me. Can never make it past day one because I don’t have any support. Friends are limited and still users and I have no family. I need RL support to quit and it’s not as easy as you think to find.
Just keep falling deeper into the abyss and can’t drag myself out.

You have to want it even if your on your own. Not always will someone be there to hold your hand. No one is going to slap the dope or alcohol out your hand to keep you sober. Only you can guarantee your own sobriety. Usually family has already disowned you from betrayal and its going to take time to heal as their feelings didnt change over night. Try listening to music,meeting, meditation, watch tv, exersize(if you can), eat something keep your mind busy and keep focused on bettering yourself while you detox. Detoxing on opiates is rough for the first month but hang in there. It does get better i promise…then it will be much easier to manage once the physical withdrawl has subsided.

1 Like

I don’t want somebody to hold my hand. That wasn’t the point I was trying to make. Just a friendly chat sometimes would be nice to keep me motivated

Non addicts wont understand what your going through unfortunately. Users and friends that use and are in denial of a problem will never understand either. Maybe trying a meeting and surrounding yourself with like-minds and build friends to call and talk to through the fellowship. The support here helps alot but sometimes it needs reinforced with meetings or therapy.

2 Likes

You are in my prayers. Yes, if you want sobreity so badly . You will get sober .don’t give up on yourself. God will never give up on you. My addiction is Alcohol. Keep on going to meetings. You will find people with the same addiction that RECOVERED ! It is a daily reprieve that we maintain our sobriety at all cost.

Here for you, it’s my second day sober from alcohol, I was drinking everyday and doing things I KNEW I shouldn’t while under the influence. So I’m choosing to make myself the better person I know I am. If you want my number inbox me and we can help each other out?

Have you considered NA meetings, and maybe a sponsor?

Of course there’s always someone online here. They might not share your DOC, but can understand the challenges of getting free of it.