New here. Day 1 hoping this app Helps me

Day 1 again. Gonna start checking in daily. I’m hoping this helps me stay sober. I was sober for over a year and holidays hit and I thought I could control it and backslided and have honestly drank everyday since the week before Christmas. Today Iv just had enough. This is going to kill me if I don’t get it under control and stop again. I can do this. Just down on myself to be here again.

14 Likes

Welcome! After years of falling and getting back up, I decided two weeks ago I have had enough. This is a wonderful and supportive community for me so far. I hope you find it as helpful as I do. The past is the past, focus on the future.

4 Likes

Welcome Stephanie! Make a plan and stick to it no matter what. If I don’t work on my sobriety daily, I’ll probably wind up right back at day 1. My plan consists of coming to this forum and reading every single day, attending in person AA meetings 3 times a week and talking to other alcoholics. Wishing you the best on your journey.

5 Likes

Hi Stephanie and welcome here!
I relapsed as well after a long stretch of sober time. Was 5 years sober and thought I was cured.
This app was one of the things I used to get back on track. More then 3 years sober now.
See you around! :facepunch::sunglasses::facepunch:

5 Likes

Welcome! This app will help you, as much as you let it help you. It saved my life. Be active and be open.

2 Likes

Hello Stephanie and welcome! You’ve come to the perfect place to help get and keep you motivated to stay on track! This app has a lot to offer and the people on here are very kind and supportive. You’ve already taken a big positive step in a wonderful direction choosing to start your sobriety today♡ that’s a beautiful choice and you’re worthy of the happiness & freedom that comes with sobriety…always remind yourself kindly…I find I’m having to work on how I talk to myself internally…be your own cheerleader, as silly as it might sound, it really truly helps a lot. I pep-talk myself and pump myself up! That selfish inner-addict voice can be flipped and reversed to a positive motivational narrative. Telling yourself empowering statements like " I am worth fighting addiction for!", " I am choosing my sobriety over my addiction!"
You got this!!
One kind reminder someone on here mentioned is " take one moment at a time" and that helps me…because cravings come in waves like emotional tides…one day seems too encompassing while one moment is very tangible and manageable…but thats just my two pennies♡
Welcome and keep up the wonderful determination lovely!

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for the support. :heart::heart: An open and honest community with people who share the same struggles is exactly what I need. I unfortunately am a stay at home mom to three and don’t have a lot of help other than my husband but he works so much & I am thankful so meetings just wasn’t something I was able to go too along with being in a small town where the meetings we do have is maybe 3 people.

4 Likes

Technology is your friend when you have a family to care for. Have you considered online meetings? I use the following site when I can’t get to in person. The women only meetings (soul sisters) are my favorite but there are a variety of others.

3 Likes

I’ve just recently found out about online zoom AA meetings and I’m considering joining as I live in a small community also!
You can always message me on here too if you need a sober friend to keep your spirits up!

Thank you! So much! I didn’t even think of online! That would be great for me & I appreciate you being willing to be there for me!

1 Like

But of course lovely!

Thank you! I will check it out!!

1 Like

Here’s another link for AA zoom meetings.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lisa07 I bookmarked that page. I’m hesitant to go to an aa meeting. Ive been in the past and its hard to own “i’m addicted to alcohol. Im an addict.” I’ll add it to my toolbox in case of emergency

2 Likes

Hello, today is my first day here also and I am hoping it helps. We can do this!

1 Like