New here, hello

Hello, I am Margret, 53 years old and addicted to opioids painkillers. Yesterday I quitted again but this time I am more determined to stop for good. It is the first time I enter a/this forum and I hope it will help me to stay sober from now on. The difficulty in my situation is that my marriage is difficult and I flee in opioid haze to avoid the emotional pain, apart from the physical pain of my back and knee. But life will be much better and a lot more active when I am sober. I already quit alcohol and I know I can beat this one too. I just need some support so I am not alone in this struggle. My husband doesn’t know I was still on opioids. I know it will be difficult, I have been trough this before, but I hope that this forum will help and inspire me.
Any other people on opioids here?
I am Dutch by the way.

7 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step. Loads of great advice here

2 Likes

Ive had a problem with opioids an used to deal with pain that i suffer from in my back and hip. But i began to abuse the pills and i wouldnt use as prescribed. Id use to escape from reality, to help me sleep to aid with the pain to try and get away from myself. Became miserable and dependent on them just to make life easier painless but made me worse, was a hell of a fight to overcome the dependency but its possible an a whole lot better. Couldnt do it on my own and have to remind myself of how bad it really is for me, so i go to 12step meetings to keep my recovery in focus. You can get through the tough times just reach out and ask for help support or advice when you need too. I wish u well n God bless. :pray: