New here - hello

Hello, I’ve been checking out this site for a while and finally joined. I’ve been impressed and inspired by many of you. Im in NC and am currently starting my 23rd day sober. I never drank everyday but when I did, I’d binge hard for 4 or 5 days. Haven’t been past 10 days sober in 5 years when I got a DWI.

24 Likes

Im new hear also today is my 90th day sober. All I know is the more days I have sober the better I feel. Someone once told me dont leave before the miracle happens. Congrats on your 23day.@jeffca

15 Likes

Hey friends, welcome! Glad you both decided to put your voice out here for all of us to know. Just be careful, you might make some of the best friends you have ever had here.

8 Likes

Welcome to your recovery and this site.
I find reading here helps a lot.
Congratulations on your decision and choice to lead a better life.

5 Likes

Sooo happy you both are here!!! This community is amazing, supportive, caring and just helpful. No matter what you may be going through someone is always willing to be there for you. And now more than ever it is such a blessing to have this sense of fellowship. Again, sooo glad you’re here!!!

3 Likes

Welcome Jeff! This place is a great tool with lots of experience and knowledge. Congratulations on 23 days!

4 Likes

Welcome Ayesha & congratulations on 3 months!

4 Likes

Welcome and Congrats!

4 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful forum. There’s lots of great information and amazing people to help you on your journey.

1 Like

Welcome get comfy as once you feel the compassion and understanding you won’t want to leave addict’s helping addicts

2 Likes

How are you doing Jeff? I’m right with you at 25 days, let’s stay strong together!:sunflower:

1 Like

No doubt. Feeling better and healthier everyday. Back to some great workouts and sleeping much better. How are you doing?

2 Likes

I’m doing really good; I’ve lost 8 lbs!! I ride bike alot and stepped up my workouts.
There’s no comparison in the quality of life sober.
I also have in my mind that we’re not supposed to live life drinking, it’s just a reallllyyy deep rooted habit that you have to wrestle with sometimes!:grin:

1 Like

Welcome!!! So glad to have you here!!! This site is AMAZING!!!

1 Like