New here just saying hi

Just want to introduce myself. My name is Chris and im an alcoholic.

11 Likes

Hi Iā€™m David and Iā€™m an alcoholic too. Welcome to talking sober. A great tool to use for sobriety.

1 Like

Hi Chris. Iā€™m Katherine and also an alcoholic 56 days sober :slight_smile:ļø. Welcome.

1 Like

Oops 57 days!!! Even better!!

5 Likes

Hey Chris! Iā€™m Tracy, also a fellow alcoholic. Iā€™m new to this site as well. Thereā€™s some really beautiful wisdom here & itā€™s a great sobriety touchstone. Welcome home :hugs:

3 Likes

Welcome! Weā€™ve got lots of wisdom throughout these boards. I too am an alcoholic. @Yoda-Stevie @Bill_Phillips @Mephistopheles @C-sun @anon37742172 @Englishd @MoCatt and @MandiH all have great knowledge and are always willing to help. Those are just the first few people that came to mind. Read a lot and keep getting better at getting better.

6 Likes

Hello & welcome :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Hey Chris! Welcome. You just stumbled into a group of folks with an amazing collective wisdom and a whole ton of support. Iā€™m also an alcoholic, relatively new in recovery. I have learned so much here - and checking in here sober feels damn good. Go back and read older threads. There is a ton of info to help you get through those first hellacious days and then to help you figure out how to decide to be sober each day. Iā€™m really glad you are here. Hang around!

5 Likes

Hey Tracy! Glad you found us too!

3 Likes

Hi Chris Iā€™m Ness alcoholic and addict 10 months sober welcome to talking sober!

5 Likes

Hi and welcome Chris/new people! Itā€™s a great place for support and being social

2 Likes

Hi Chris im Bruce alcoholic as well welcome.

1 Like

Well thanks so much @MoCatt me too! Hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

Hi cris . Im alcoholicā€¦ sober for 263 days

1 Like

Oops 273-:slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome!! Iā€™m back on talking sober after a 5 month relapse, I disappeared during those months because I thought I had changed, I thought I was cured and better. I also felt like I let everyone here down and I was disappointed in myselfā€¦ Made it 4 months sober before that and literally could not have done it without everyone here on talking sober. But Iā€™m back with 13 (going on 14) days and have never felt better!

Youā€™ll find nothing but support here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Im glad to be here. I intend to beat this thing this time around so im here to stay.
Day 2 is in the books. I havnā€™t lasted longer than a week sober in 15 years. To get a couple of weeks under my belt would be a huge milestone.
For now I will just focus on day 3. One day at a time right?

5 Likes

Welcome! Iā€™m Jen, alcoholic. 5 months sober today. Besides 2 pregnancies itā€™s the longest Iā€™ve been sober since I was 16 (Iā€™m 44!). Keep coming back here, lots of good info and support.

3 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m an alcoholic too! Welcome Chrisā€¦Iā€™m coming up on six months sober, and being on this app (sometimes aaalllll day long in the beginning) was an immeasurable help in keeping me sober. A week seemed impossible to me when I began, but it gets better. Everyone on here is amazing. Truly. Remember that there is a search option sold youā€™re ever tempted and want to read threads on things such as ā€œwhat do you do with your time sober?ā€ ā€œWhat do you drink instead?!ā€ Etc
It also helps me to reach out to new people and to read peoples milestone posts, theyā€™re so inspiring. Whatever it takes to stay sober one day at a time right?
Glad your herešŸ˜Š

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s right. You cannot fix the rest of your life in one dayā€¦but not drinking today is precisely how you begin to fix the rest of your life :hugs:

5 Likes