New here just saying hi

Hi everyone. I’m new also. My name is LeeAnn. Today I am sober for 5 months and 28 days.

4 Likes

Yep. All you have to decide right now is that you won’t drink today. That’s it❤.

3 Likes

Day 4. No hangover this morning but feeling very groggy nonetheless. I’m having trouble sleeping sober, tossing and turning half the night. Maybe my body has to relearn to sleep naturally again after years of being forced to pass out? Seems logical to me. Unfortunately this makes bedtime a trigger for me.
Well, i have the support i need so im gonna keep on trucking. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

What you are experiencing is quite normal. Be good to your body. Eat good, satisfying food. Light exercise. Stay hydrated. Take a quality multivitamin. Try to establish a routine of sleep/wake. Do the same things every night before you go to sleep. Maybe a shower or bath, some light stretching, breathing, and reading. Then sleep. Have a routine for when you wake up too, and go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Your body will learn and expect sleep and wake.

3 Likes

Well, I slipped up last night. Didnt overdo it, or even enjoy it. I dont feel guilty. Im making progress and im proud of that.
Time to reset and climb back aboard the sobertrain.

2 Likes

Hi Jen - I’m also a 44 year old mom of two - whose longest stretches of sobriety were during pregnancy. Congratulations on your five months!

3 Likes

That’s the way to do it. Get knocked down, get back up. Take your standing eight-count, get your hands back up, tuck the chin, and get back into the fight.

2 Likes

Well it seems we may have a lot in common. I’m also 40 something, with kids and just finishing my 5th month. It has taken me an awful long time to get here. Only other time I went this long was when I was pregnant with my now 10 year old. We can do this! We are worth it!

3 Likes

Did you quote chumbawamba?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I believe their lyric is “I get knocked down, but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down”.

Any similarity to that annoying pop song from a one-hit wonder band is purely unintentional.

Don’t try this at home. I am what you’d call “a professional”.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

Sure… Imgettingoffyourlawn

2 Likes

Hello Chris! Welcome and keep coming back. I’m Denise and also an alcoholic. I have 1708 days sober. I prefer counting in days rather than years because we all know it’s One Day At A Time…

3 Likes

Welcome all!

1 Like

Welcome😍 BETTERTOGETHER

2 Likes

I’ve got to get it out of my head that it’s ok to relapse. Even if I get right back on feet afterwards, and try again, its still a relapse, a setback, over and over and over again. I’m ready for a clean run.

Keep going.

2 Likes