New here. Just wanted to say hi

Hello everyone. I’m new here today and it’s my first day sober

14 Likes

Hi! Glad you’re here!! My suggestion is to read a LOT and check in daily (the thread was linked above) and you’ll get to know us. This is a great tool for sobriety no matter your drug of choice (DOC). Hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Hello. Welcome.

2 Likes

Hey deats welcome buddy,great forum here lots of support, advice and a shed loads of kindness :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Hi, welcome and good on you for joining :+1:t2:

1 Like

New here as well…36 hours in. Has not been easy

9 Likes

Welcome Deats and Guy
It is great that you are here. I have been sober 14 days working on my 15. I can feel the joy and happiness creeping back into my life. Hoping to journey along with you.

4 Likes

Hey! It’s my first week as well. Wishing you the same amount of strength in the face of adversity as I hope for myself.

2 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful App! Please, if anything is on your mind that you want to get off your chest, fire off a Topic. I always love coming here particularly because other platforms just doesn’t cut it for me. This is a personal journey of mine and I like to share it with like minded people here who understand what I’m going through. Welcome and hope to see yah around!

1 Like

Welcome to you and to @Guy . You guys are doing great. Starting can be really hard, but you’re making a choice that’s going to improve your life in the long term. Read the threads, take part in the discussions, and if you don’t see something talked about that you need, start a thread. I hope you’re able to find what you need from this app/site.

2 Likes

Welcome @Deats30 and @Guy
You’ve found a good place to share your recovery, you can be yourselves here, open and honest. No one will judge you and we’re all working towards a new life.
I’ve been struggling with a lot of intrusive thoughts recently and this community (and the meme wars thread :joy:) is keeping me sane.
Peace to you.

Hello,
Welcome here

Thank you everyone. It’s been a strange couple of days but I have kept myself busy. Feeling the love with this app you lot are all amazing and I’m feeling very welcome xxxx

1 Like

Thankyou…appreciate the support

1 Like

Welcome! Good day to be sober, great people here

@Deats30 @Guy

Welcome Lisa and John. I’m proud of y’all for deciding to become sober.

I highly recommend checking in daily to keep focus in the checking daily to maintain focus thread.

I also recommend finding some activities to fill time like, running, cycling, working out, meditation/mindfulness, crafts, drawing, reading etc.

Mindfulness is also great of letting go of past shame and guilt since it teaches you to let your thoughts pass without giving them any attention.

This is a weird suggestion, but I recommend giving your addiction a name. Sobriety became easier for me once I named my addiction Brutus. It is no longer an enemy hiding in the shadows now, but now I know my enemy and now I can fight it better.

I also recommend reading on this forum a lot on this forum and asking questions if y’all have any.

You can make sobriety a lot easier. It’s really hard to think about staying sober for the rest of my life. If I think, do I want to stay sober for the rest of my life? I think hell no. But I can and want to stay sober for today. The next day, I also think I can stay sober for today. and so on.

Don’t think about not using for life but think about not using today. Do that every day, and it gets way easier. If you are very deep in the shit, you can even think, I’ll stay sober the next 5 minutes.

Don’t listen to your mind, your mind will not stop being a dick, it will be a dick less and less, but it will never fully stop being a dick.

If you have cravings, just play the tape. By that I mean, pretend that you abuse again, then try foreseeing the future. Will it be all butterflies and roses, because you feel so awesome when relapsing, or will it be shame, self-disgust and disappointment you feel.

When your mind tells you that you can use once, that’s bullshit, the biggest bullshit ever. Your addiction just tries to find a way to get satisfied.

I also recommend following the twelve step-program with a sponsor.

I hope this helps

Good luck, you’ve got this. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

This is actually an interesting suggestion. I’ve never heard it before. I think I’m going to give this a try. Thank you for mentioning it.

1 Like

You are very welcome

1 Like