New here! Looking for motivation to stay sober,

I’m 22 days alcohol free! I haven’t been sober in over 10 years. I’m learning how to use this site. I’m happy to be here.

15 Likes

Welcome! This place is such a great support, I’m glad you’re here!

Happy to have you, welcome!

I’m glad you’re here. Congratulations on 22 days, that’s a great start in laying your sober foundation.

Welcome to the forum! 2022:

Glad to see new faces and hear new voices. Stick around, you’ll find plenty of encouragement and ideas here!

Welcome to the community!

:wave::wave::wave:hi… welcome welcome,. Hope to see you around lots. Well done on clean days,do you do meetings aswell?
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Welcome! Congratulations on making the choice. This site helps me tremendously, even though I’m not overly active in the messaging. Set your background to what will inspire you, kids, partner whatever. As some have said on here seek out the book The Naked Mind! It was a huge help and a great piece of reference material when you need a boost. I hit 50 days tomorrow after 30+ years of binge drinking/partying.

Welcome @ShannonT! And congrats on the sobriety so far. I am just about in the same boat as you coming off a decade long bender and closing in on six months. I wish you the best of luck and it’s definitely possible!

1 Like

I did AA for 10 years and I never stopped drinking except for the time I went to rehab. I did 10 months of sorbriety. I don’t like AA so I listen to podcasts on YouTube. I read This Naked Mind and I haven’t had any cravings yet.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

I’m 8 days sober today … also learning how to use this… I know how you are feeling reach out if you would like … maybe we can help each other stay sober …

1 Like

Wowza 🫂
I never heard that before.
Good luck :smile_cat:

Hi Maureen and welcome here! :raising_hand_woman:
Happy for you you haven’t got cravings yet, but be prepared because they will show up eventually. Think about up front what to do when they appear to avoid a relapse.
Congratulations with your 22 days sober, that’s great!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
Glad you found this app. This app and the people in it helped me to become and stay sober for a long time.

See you around!

2 Likes

Welcome! You are almost at a month! Amazing!
I like to brainwash myself by listening to Recovery podcasts, watching movies and shows about addiction, and listening to audiobooks about getting sober on my work commute.
If you have not tried a meeting, give it a go!

1 Like

Welcome Maureen :blue_heart: