New here looking to meet new people and some friends

11 days no drinking been feeling alot better got my wife back and my kids I tried stoping once before I lasted 8 days this time I am stopping for good!

12 Likes

Congratulations on making your mind up to stop drinking. Have u tried going to aa meeting? They truly saved me … tje help and support in the rooms is so uplifting. And your family will c u r doing everything to stay soba … x good luck

3 Likes

Thank you yes I have gone twice so far since I stopped. Meant some nice people there it still feels weird going to the meetings

1 Like

It does get better i promise you … i did it on my own the first 66 days thinking i was ok … i wasn’t i was a total mess inside… i went to aa day 66 and every day gets better. Im day 90 today i got a sponsor and working through my steps… bedt thing ive ever done 4 myself and my family x

4 Likes

Great to have you here Mike.
If youre looking for any books to read to help, I found Alan Carr Easyway to stop drinking has really helped me reframe how I look at alcohol.

Welcome here @Mike_Jannetty and congratulations with your sober days. This app is a great tool. You’ve got a lot to work for: wife, kids and don’t forget…yourself!
I hope to read you here often!

1 Like

Thanks Kipper I have some books that I had for a long time that I never opened up and been reading them. It has been helping me my first day when I quite I had to go to er and I never want that to happen again

1 Like

Thank you i will try to start a new job this week excited about it

1 Like

Hey mike! Welcome and congrats on your sobriety thus far! Glad to have you here :smile:

Congrats on the progress. I’m on day 4 myself and so far so good but like you I’ve tried before and failed. For the first time I’m doing the meeting route, 1st meeting last night and believe it’s going to be the key for me. Good luck reaching day twleve tomorrow!!

Thank you and good luck to you it is hard expcially where I live they have liqour in every store and gas station almost

Yea meetings make it easier wish you well