New Here. No idea what I'm doing

Welcome aboard, I would honestly stick around if this is helping you out :metal: acceptance is very hard to come to my friend, you are on the right track but I think you understand you can’t keep drinking its just going to make things worse

1 Like

I agree 100%

1 Like

I’m glad you’re here, Vern. I look forward to hearing more from you, stay strong! I promise you’ll be glad you did.
I’ll be a year on June 1st and I never would’ve believed it! 🙋

3 Likes

It always good to put your thoughts here if you seek distraction :hugs:
Welcome btw.:facepunch: :wink:

1 Like

Congrats on your decision to be sober. It’s a tough journey but so worth it! I highly recommend online groups. AA isn’t for everyone but there are others out there. I really like “Lifering”. Lifering.org is the site and it’s free and simple. Just people like us talking about our week and what’s good/bad in our current life and everyone is supportive. Plus, if you just want to check it out you can keep your camera off and type in “just listening” next to your name and you want be bothered. It was very helpful to me early on and I still attend to keep the routine. I’m only 68 days in but I’m doing great! My first 20 or so days were very tough dealing with all of my withdrawal symptoms. It was very helpful for me to listen to people going through the same thing. Hang in there! Every day gets a little better.

PS. The sugar craving is legit. I have a bowl of ice cream just about every day. You need to make sure you don’t overdue it though. Us addicts are really good at finding new habits like that… lol. It’s so much better than booze though and the cravings will taper off.

2 Likes

Sounds like some tough stuff. :heart: Sending healing vibes…

1 Like

Thanks. Im going to check that site out. Congrats on 68 days

Thanks. And congrats on almost a year

1 Like

Thanks Dan. My gut isn’t as swollen but my weight is the same. I don’t understand why lol.

I know how that feels. A couple days ago I got home from training in the military. Thought everything was good until I went on a 3 day binger. I wasn’t sober for any of those days. And it wasn’t how I wanted to first see my girlfriend again. Going on 29 this month but have been drinking since I was 18. Haven’t stopped since. Trying to find people here to talk to that are going through the same thing. Even though it’s only been 2 days its hard. Tried AA once and then relapsed. Thought I had something wrong with my liver 2 days ago I was feeling so bad after it. First time my drinking ever truly scared me. Sometimes it feels like giving up a part of you.

I know this is probably are to believe but I started drinking in middle school, mad dog 20/20. Used to steal it from the store. Then I stopped in high school. In college I began drinking everyday. I drank for 20 years, everyday, with the exception of maybe a 3-4 month stop. I went through rehab, IOP, therapy, psychology appointments for medication, AA, and my old trusty AA big book, I went through all 12 steps with my sponsor and I know I was never a believer in a higher power, but when you get to steps 4,5,6, I knew my higher power and I prayed and meditated everyday. It’s an amazing feeling to find that within yourself.
After 20 straight years of drinking, I am almost 5 years sober without a slip. I had a Rollercoaster of a ride, but I feel like the world was lifted off my shoulders.
You’re not alone, we are all here for the same reason. Keep going, you will find a purpose in life. Trust me!

1 Like