New here... Pancreatic problems

Hi everyone. I used to drink alcohol to copy with others since I am 14.Now I’m 34.The big problem is I’m sick… My body is really sick…and my mind. I almost die the last time I drunk… Dangerous situations ( I don’t know how I didn’t die killed by others) and hard times with hangover. If I don’t stop I will die I think. I realized I’m not happy drinking. Maybe a part of me changed… And decided to start this path with all of you. I’m living in Barcelona, and here if you don’t drink you are seen as an antisocial. But, in this moment I don’t care. I just want to be clean. It makes me happy reading your motivating words to others… I want to be a real person, sober.

7 Likes

Hi there and welcome. This drinking culture is all over the world, including my area of Canada. This forum has been immensely helpful. Today is day 60 for me. Read lots, stick around. Not to scare, but use your health issues perhaps also as a motivator. I’m not sure if it’s pancreatitis you have but if so, complete abstinence from alcohol definitely recommended. Hang in there. Have you thought of AA or similar type program?

3 Likes

Hi. I went to see a doctor. Fever, vomits, shaking in bed… and after five days I feel better… Dying in bed!!! . Doctor said I need to stop because I have 3 food intolerances and I’m killing myself. My liver is OK (incredible xd) but my pancreas must be studied.

1 Like

Welcome @Angie1. You found the most awesome place to get sober. You have every pysical reason to stay off the booze. Alcohol is slowly destroying your body and will kill you in the end but you know this. Now you already have the proof and now it is the time to stop. Stick to this app. Read all the threads you find interesting and helpful. Ask all the questions you find important and don’t ever give up on fighting…
In my culture alcohol is also wide spread (Germany) and it is seen to be anti-social if you don’t drink. But you have to be selfish. Just think about you and your health. It is you who will suffer from drinking and not the others. And it is you to benefit from not drinking. Put yourself first in your recovery! :muscle:

6 Likes

Welcome Angie.

Glad you’re here.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. Your support makes me happy

1 Like