New Here & thankful

Gm just wanted say I’m glad to wake up feeling sober it’s been a while I no this sobriety is a life long process & I have to stay sober.This year & last year has been the worst for Me death of love Ones & friends has really had Me drinking really hard.I was really at my breaking point when I realized they only wanted what was best for Me and here I am just drinking passing out being mean saying hurtful things and doing it all over again it was time for a change for Me it’s been 24 hours and I want to say I been sober for years I do no I can do it and will .just wanted to vent

7 Likes

Welcome Gwendolyn! It’s a nice feeling isn’t it? :innocent: You deserve it.

2 Likes

I decided to quit drinking. I got to be the most hurtful with things I said four days ago and decided the next morning to just quit. It isn’t going to be easy, even though I didn’t drink every day. I am making a positivity board to look at daily but am thankful for groups like this for support. It’s only been three days and I have done this long before. I look forward to when I am a month in and treating myself to crafting items every month after. Never give up and take it one day, one step, one second at a time.

4 Likes