New here. Today is 365 days sober from an addiction

Hello everyone, just a bit of backstory. I’ve been using a wide range of substances over the past 5 years on a regular basis but 1 year ago today I decided that I would change that. Things had gotten extremely bad and was at my lowest point on the brink of losing everything. My substance of choice was GHB which became an expensive daily habit, roughly around $150 a day when I quit. I would be using from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep. Not a nice way to live at all.

I was put on benzos to get off of the G and that became another battle which I’ve been tapering off since then. Over the past year I went from 15mg/day valium down to 1mg/day currently. Getting of benzos has proven to be another nightmare in itself and am trying to keep my head up.

I’ve been using this app for the better part of the last couple years and I feel hitting this 365 day mark of a drug that nearly killed me is significant. Not sure how to feel about it to be honest or if there was anything special I would do for myself as a sort of celebration or reward. Definitely dont want to take any harmful substances that’s for sure.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to my sobriety with you all and hope to make some positive connections here.

15 Likes

Well done and welcome!

1 Like

Shows me its possible

Good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations. I’d say it’s gotta be worth a tub of ice cream at least … or cake I had cake on my year mark.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 365 days!! That’s amazing. So glad you decided to share with us. This is a great community with lots of support. Stick around and read a lot! I always learn something when I spend time here. Best wishes on your continued sobriety!

Wow, this is fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing and congratulations :yellow_heart: