New Here (Young Adult)

New here; I am 21 years old, I honestly hate these sobriety clocks but breaking my streak made me download it again to care for myself before I fall really hard. I honestly know I should do better but I always fall back so it’s like I enjoy it? I know I don’t i’m just comfortable all these years being the same. Thinking it defines me. It doesn’t. So if anyone can recommend me a song/movie that motivates them or even makes them FEEL they can share to keep me motivated or give different perspectives through viewing/listening. Also if anyone just wants to rant well here you go !

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Eurus
There are a few thread with music and the same with film’s, I you thought about listening to podcasts they can be quite motivating too
There is a way to turn off the timer if you don’t like it

1 Like

welcome home. I’m also 21. something motivational that I heard yesterday and today is “don’t leave 5 minutes before the miracle happens, and when the miracle appears, wait a little longer there’s another miracle around the corner.” and also “ accept hardships as a path way of peace.” sometimes the song changes by dej loaf helps motivate me a little, and to feel my feelings when I’m tired of burying them down, I listen to bless the broken road by rascal flatts. It’s possible to stay clean, but it will never be easy. Reach out to people, go to meetings, get phone lists, get a sponsor, and work your steps.

2 Likes

I love Spotify for putting me on to good podcasts, any favorites you have? and yea the timer was annoying but first day achievement felt pretty good lol !

I like those quotes a lot, especially the second one. It reminds me of the saying you can’t know true happiness without sadness. So it’s always bound to come that happiness. I’m a definitely take a listen Dej Loaf I heard her before but never heard Rascal Flatts might just listen right now. You are right, this isn’t easy but seeing everyone try and work hard knowing they want to be better is really motivating.