New here ✨

Hi everyone. :relieved:
My names Kimmy. Im 27, live in michigan, I have an almost 8 year old son and im working my way up to 150 days sober. This is the longest ive gone without drinking since the pregnancy of my boy. I honestly didnt think i was ever going to do it but here I am, 4 and a half months later and still have no desire to drink.

Does anybody else have dreams they are breaking sobriety? I wake up so sweaty every day lol

13 Likes

Welcome!!! I have had using dreams. They come n go. Some are stronger than others. Sometimes I wake up not remembering my dream but I have those awful feelings of disappointment and regret and self loathing. Sometimes it takes me abit to realize that I’m still on the right path and that I haven’t used. Even tho they absolutely suck, they definitly remind me of what I don’t want. After 20 something years of using, I am so beyond struggling with drugs anymore. Recovery is such a beautiful gift :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome to TS Kimmy! :smiley:

I rarely remember my dreams. Which is probably a good thing. :rofl: It would all be cartoons anyway…

1 Like

Welcome!!! Yes, I am almost 100 days sober and still struggle with night sweats. My nightsweats are no longer alcohol induced but I do struggle with bad dreams and for me, that is the cause of my nightsweating. You have given your son the greatest gift of all!!! :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you guys so much for the support and warm welcome. This seems like a lovely community to be a part of :innocent::two_hearts:

My dreams are ao vivid. They always have been since childhood though, its a blessing and a curse lol but almost every other night, i dream of breaking sobreity and the feeling of guilt when i wake up feels so real. I just wondered if it was normal lol :sweat_smile:

Im the first of my family to get sober so. Im just winging it for the most part.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community and congrats on your sober time!

Here is the most recent thread about drinking dreams :point_down:

Dreams about relapsing

In that thread, I linked a bunch of other threads on the same topic :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh wow cool :star2::sparkles::two_hearts: Thank you so much, that is so helpful! Ive been doing the whole therapy thing and this has honestly been so much more convenient than even just getting ahold of her. The health care system is so lame these days, its definitely a struggle just to get help.

1 Like

You’re welcome! This community is the biggest tool in my sobriety toolbox. Stick around!

2 Likes

Welcome Kimmy💚 I was just talking to someone else this morning about those uncomfortable dreams. It’s very common and normal.

1 Like

Keep up the good work it really does seem impossible when ur In ur addiction but after u get clean things start to look up for you and your are doing it even when u though you couldn’t I think the process of changes is AMAZING and it fascinates me it really does congratulations and keep your head up and keep doing what you gotta do for you and your son

1 Like

Thank you :relieved::relieved: where in michigan are you from

I super appreciate the nice words!! Thank you so much. Every day is a struggle but every new morning is worth it

1 Like

Welcome! Yeah, I’ve had dreams of drinking, Coronas out of all beers. I don’t even like Coronas lol. I can taste the booze in my mouth.

Stay strong! Keep it up!

1 Like

Lmfao!!! It is actually the worst beer though

1 Like

Lets all be friends! :innocent::relieved::kiss:

1 Like

Definitely the new mornings are worth it. Day 12 (nearly 13) here :purple_heart:

1 Like

Probably all the talk of Corona :joy::joy:

1 Like

Welcome Kimmy,
Congratulations on your 150 days. This is a great sober community. It’s been key to my sobriety.
I hope to see you around.
Lots of others talk about there using dreams. Sorry I got nothing to share on that. Dreams are weird.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like