New here 8 days sober 🙂

Welcome! You picked a very supportive community. We’re all here to help each other and congratulations on 8 days! Keep up the good work we’re all here for support. And again welcome to the family

4 Likes

Hey Eric, I’m only on day 3 now and I look forward to hearing from these guys daily. You’re in the right place. Welcome

3 Likes

Congrats on eight days! The first two weeks were the hardest for me. Thanks to this place and AA i have the longest sobriety in my adult life. Check in often.

Hows sobriety treating you so far? Any withdrawl or irritability?

2 Likes

I was abused young so I have severe PTSD and servere anxiety as called in Canada. Sleep problems only I am on clonazepam and gabapentin so it helps with the symptoms. Thank you all :heart::heart::heart::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Keep it up and in touch :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you so very much for the kind words :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

2 Likes

Im sorry to hear about your trauma. Be prepared in sobriety to deal with some emotions that have been suppressed thru addiction.

Have you heard of EMDR therapy? I swear by it and share it with everyone because i hadnt heard about it before i was introduced to it. Nowadays its more common method to work thru ptsd. It replicates the same eye movement as we have during rem sleep and its supposed to help you move thru and past trauma. Sorry, unsolicited advice end. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you I will look into that for sure to do some research about it. I grind my teeth my sober amazing gf has noticed many times.

2 Likes

Welcome! You are in the right place! Glad you are here. Congratulations on 8 days!

3 Likes

Welcome Eric.
Congratulations on your 8 days sober.
Being very active on here getting and giving support keeps me sober.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Thanks a ton, I can’t sleep tonight I am here to chat :heart::pray:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

Congrats on your 8 days :fireworks: it’s lovely to meet you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great to meet you everyone is so kind! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is my second home :house_with_garden:

Alot of us check in daily here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Trying to like or follow it? Any help

1 Like

I hope I’m not missing what your asking :slightly_smiling_face:.
If you just click here

It will take you to the thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m trying to like the thread not sure how to.

1 Like

I think it can only be liked through the original place it was posted using the link or through the home page

I’m no good with technology sorry if I’m no help :smiling_face:

2 Likes

You are circling titles and ai don’t know how to do that. That seems pretty good at technology to me. :grin:

2 Likes

Lol :slightly_smiling_face: well I figured it out anyways!

1 Like