New hobbies to help keep your sobriety strong

So I learned how to HAND CROCHET a blanket in one hour today. I think I have a new, instantly gratifying hobby to help my hands move and my brain chill out. Whoop whoop! Found a video on you tube. Anyone else have random hobbies they’ve discovered being in recovery? Hell, we’re all looking for shit to do… please share! Peace and love to you all✌🏻

1 Like

Woahh sweet!! Love the idea for your dog too… going to look like a badass

Diamond painting is my ne hobby :blush:

1 Like

Crotchet is a great idea! My grandmother taught me how to cross stitch when I was a kid, so maybe I will take up cross stitching. She had 5 daughters and was a cross stitching queen and she didn’t drink… maybe that was what kept her from drinking lol.

1 Like

Hill walking and fishing and of course meetings

At first I couldnt do anything with my hands due to the cramping and shaking. I did a lot of reading and researching to keep myself busy. Once I could handle using my hands without the uncomfortably I started tattooing. Why tattoos? It took my mind and forced it to focus on one thing only. I had to be so concentrated on the task ahead I didnt have time to wonder and explore my thoughts and emotions. Tattooing got me through the first year of sobriety.

1 Like

How amazing. Thank you for sharing❤️

No problem. Many use excersize or yoga actual activity but with healing from 25 surgeries and at age 23 becoming disabled I couldnt do physical activity.

1 Like