New job, hate the hours

Recently started new job as a janitor. I enjoy the job, set days I work, pretty routine and get to basically work by myself. Problem is the hours, we start at 6pm and most the time get done at 2am. When I first decided it was time to sober up I relied heavily on my fellow brother and sister of AA. My group meets everyday except Sunday’s at noon. Now I could do those meetings easily when I wasn’t working but now it’s harder. I miss all the old timers and usuals.

6 Likes

I feel ya. I’m not sure how things are going up there (if the virus has affected your area at all) but either way I cant go to any meetings right now either. It’s been almost 3 weeks now and I’m missing all the folks I see on a daily basis that I can talk to about anything. My bf cant understand what I’m going thru bc he still drinks so I’m feeling very alone. I am happy to have this platform tho so I can still write about what’s going on in my head. It helps. And I’m grateful to have finished my 4th and 5th steps just before all this so I have a better clarity and understanding of my feelings and how to deal with the negative ones. Take what you’ve already learned from the fellowship and apply it if you’re going thru a tough time. Or give your sponsor (if you have one) or anyone else a call if you need someone to talk to. They probably miss seeing you around too :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That’s a rough one, having your S/O still drinking, I went thru that until it became violent and had to call the cops but it was a long time coming anyways even all the cops were proud of me for finally following through with a restraining order and calling it quits. I haven’t had much luck with the steps and need to find a new sponsor the one I got before never really did anything with me because I haven’t found that high power, I know it isn’t me but not sure what it is exactly. Best of luck to you, message me anytime. Always nice knowing a friend of Bob’s.

1 Like

Hopefully as you adjust to the new job and routine it will become easier to get to those noon meetings. Good luck.

2 Likes

I had to leave my daughters father for the same reason. He was a very abusive drunk. My new guy is completely different. Tho he drinks every day it’s never to access. And the odd occasion he does over do it, it’s kind of amusing bc he just gets goofy. His drinking doesn’t bother me, it’s just the fact he doesnt understand why I cant just have 1 or 2. I miss talking with people who get it bc they’ve lived it too. Anyways, best of luck with your new job and figuring out ways to stay connected :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like