New journey to sobriety

I am sober 1 day. I have been in denial for years, but I’ve realized that I need to make a drastic change in order to save my relationships, and quite frankly, my life. I know this journey won’t be easy. But I’m willing to work for it and am proud of myself for admitting to my faults and doing something about it. Wish me luck!

11 Likes

Here you are not alone.We are a huge family

1 Like

A lot of us are in the same boat.

1 Like

I’m behind you all the way! Tear it up!

1 Like

People here are so supportive and inspiring, this is a good safe place. I wish you the best.

4 Likes

Agreed. I’m new here as well but enjoy reading the support and strength :smiley:

1 Like

Hi all, I’m close to a month since my last drink. Like many of the brave souls on here, I’ve suffered years of beating myself up, lying to myself and others and told myself the usual Sunday night lie, “this week I’ll quit for good”. I then embarked on what was going to be a usual "break " from alcohol of a few days when a sign from above, a “sexy sobriety” blog popped up on fb…one thing led to another and next minute I’m reading all your stories and feeling somewhat foolish that I thought I was the only one struggling.
What really made the difference for me was that someone on here recommended the book, “The Naked Mind”. It made all the difference to my mindset and I now tell everyone that the book is the reason I’m able to stay off.
Thanks again to you all for providing so much info and love to each other on your journeys. It sure has helped me. Love and light :green_heart::two_hearts::revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi @JayDee -

You are far from the only one struggling; you’ve won the lottery by finding us. I’m guessing you aren’t the only Sunday night sober vow maker either - although mine used to come on Monday mornings.:wink:

There is a wealth of collective wisdom on this site - and a bunch of very kind, supportive folks who know how it feels to struggle with something we can no longer control.

Glad you are here.

Congratulations! You are not alone.