New member, first post

I love our communties within the MFM groups!

1 Like

Hi. I’m 15 days into my new life and like you I want the second half to be meaningful and sober.

Welcome to the group and congratulations on 6 months. :partying_face:

1 Like

Hey r77obo congratulations, today’s day 17 for me. Whereabouts in Lancashire are you. I’m around a fifteen minute drive from Oldham though I think that’s only just in Lancashire :+1:

I just Google the republic of mancunia, thinking gosh wonder what brought him to Manchester! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Haha. It’s something that Clint boon of the inspiral carpets used to say on his radio show

Ha ha ha, it’s funny. :rofl:

Afternoon Pants,

In between Preston & Southport, right by the Rubble Estuary. Nice to see a fellow Lancastrian here :rose:

Keep up the good fight. :+1:

Not far from you in south lakes here. I like southport :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Fran, it’s not bad, gone down hill the last 10 years though, all charity and coffee shops now. :frowning:

Hi Ian. Same most places I think, still always nice to be by the sea.

Hey guys. Congrats on all who is new and working the program! Im new myself to this Sober Time app which I think is pretty cool. Im trying to use as many tools I can to stay sober and thru the grace of God I have 66 days of sobriety!!! And for the first time ever since my 10 years of being in and out of the rooms I am doing a 90/90 !!

1 Like

Welcome and congrats on 66 days that’s awesome, this apps been a game changer for me I honestly think I would have caved by now if not for being able to read so many inspirational stories etc :blush:

2 Likes

Stay strong :muscle: I am on day 3

2 Likes

Congrats :+1::blush:

1 Like

I’m 53 years old. I got clean at 23. Don’t try to do it alone. Seek out therapy, AA, any and all support you can.

The sooner you begin to sort out the madness you were hostage to, that which you created on your own, and what it’s done to you mentally, emotionally, and physically the sooner you will heal.

I got clean, and my arrogance took me away from therapy, support groups, and friends. I was in control. 30 years later, while clean the entire time, I have come to see I was ANYthing but sober.

I hurt my loved ones with my selfishness, and hurt myself by denying my fears - instead constructing a Temple to the Lie I chose to live…that I was Ok, and the replacements for my past addictions were healthy, laudable, and correct.

I have lost 30 years of my life, a 20 year marriage that NEVER should have been, and the opportunity to live the life I wanted.

Do not make my mistake.

1 Like