New phone!

Got a new iPhone been trying to figure this thing out, it’s about as hard to figure this phone out as it was for me to realize I was an alcoholic hahahaha but I’m back in action. Believe it or not my 10 year old niece is teaching me how to use my phone hahaha it’s crazy how the times have changed. I still have the dreaded sound of dial-up burned into my memory hahahaha. Six day away from 9months it’s been such a roller coaster, but I’m still sober. Ok I will stop rambling hahaha

9 Likes

It’s not that we are getting older…lol but technology is growing faster everyday. Just blows my mind that as a kid we made mud pies and camped in the back yard. I stop to appreciate it when I do catch a glimpse of kids playing in the dirt and not stuck to a phone or a tv, take a look around next time your in a big public place, almost everyone is glued to there phones.

1 Like

Congratulations @Pat on your soon to be 9 months! The best is yet to come, trust me :+1:t3:

From a nursing standpoint I worry about everyone’s neck strain, slumped posture, tense muscles & carpal tunnel from constant cell phone use. I unplugged early this year! No social media & no notifications turned on. Feels good. I check the phone when I want to check it, it doesn’t demand my attention anymore.

It’s been interesting to have really cool things happen & not post a thing about it, not make a photo op out of it, not try to caption it. Feels good not to feel the need to promote myself anymore, or watch others do it.

Congrats on the almost 9 mo mark!! I was wondering how you were doing the other day. My a.d.d. kicked in and i didnt send a message or post on the you are missed thread.

My daughter asks for a small root beer float for her treat every night. I hadnt had one in forever until you mentioned it awhile back, and i let her try it when i made one. Her favorite thing now! Ha!!

Hahah that’s super awesome, let the root beer float take over the sober scene. All hail root beer floats!!!

1 Like