New sobriety

I am only 3 days sober from herion. I’m stressed, depressed, emotionally drained and my anxiety is through the roof. I used for 1yr and I’m trying to do my recovery without rehab, because I don’t want to leave my son or lose my job. This weekend was the WORST ever. My body is still achy and sore and the cravings are there. I’m not sure what I can do to keep me busy enough to help try and stop the cravings.

I’m guessing some places and activities were associated with using, I would avoid those whenever possible. And try to surround yourself with people who won’t encourage you to use. Maybe try a 12 step program? You don’t have to do this alone.

If you can try to eat and stay hydrated. I came off of pills and meth and it was the worst. Take some Tylenol and stuff. It it gets to bad maybe go the we they can give you a banana bag to help. That great you been a week keep up the good work. I know you don’t wanna lose your job or be away from your son but maybe if they have a detox rehab that can help you kick the withdrawal and it they can write you and excuse and they want say a thing and your only in there 3-5 days. If you need any help let me know

When I came off pain pills those aches, soreness and cold shakes were awful. Hot baths and showers were my best friend. I would sit in a hot bath until the water got cool and run another hot bath. Sometimes 10 or more a day. It sounds silly to some but, it really helped. I also do projects around the house. Rearranging closets or alphabetizing music and movies helped me. I would focus on the project and before I knew it hours had gone by. It takes awhile but, it passes eventually. Best wishes on your journey. We are proud of you.

Hot baths helped me a lot too. I know it is not easy, but so very worth it

Oh I feel your pain I’m 17 days in CT my best advice is to drink tons of water, flush that garbage out of your system, walk walk walk, my anxiety and sleep are still out of whack, find someone you can talk to at any moment to reel you in and calm you down you can do this prayers love :heart::heart::heart:

Someone to talk to is the hardest right now. Because the only person who knew of my is my boyfriend. He’s also getting clean with me. I want to talk to my mom so bad about it but I feel like such a failure to her.

What is a banana bag? I’m drinking nothing but water and Gatorade. My boyfriend and I are getting clean together. I just feel like a failure to my mom and son. I feel like I need to talk about it but no one knew of me using except for my boyfriend. I’m at work for the first time since I last used and my anxiety is kicking real bad because I’m not going to the bathroom every few hours to use.

I’m thinking about going to NA meetings but I’m so scared. This is the most painful, scariest things of my life.

1 Like

Trust me I’m in the same boat my bf is doing the same only he is using methadone I haven’t seen him this whole time, none of my friends or family know what I’m going through either I found a few really good friends I talk to on here, try a meeting get a sponsor, it helps trust me!

I was also scared before my first meeting. I felt so broken and full of shame. I felt like the people at the meeting wouldn’t accept me. How wrong I was. I told my story and felt fully accepted. There was no judgement, just hope and encouragement.

12 step programs aren’t for everyone. There are lots of people here that have found other ways to get sober. I suggest you give it a shot and decide for yourself. Do the things that work to stay sober.