New to all of this

Hey everyone! I came across this app when I was at a time of need. It’s been four days since I’ve had a drink or a smoke. It’s unbelievably hard. I’m having a hard time coping with all of it. I gave up drugs about four years ago and replaced it with drinking. I’m 25 years old and I can’t even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. Reading through all of these posts gives me so much inspiration. I’m not quite sure how to navigate this place yet. Any help and support would be amazing! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is a forum where we share our experience, strength, and hope with one another so we may obtain and maintain sobriety. We encourage one another by offering each other support and understanding in recovering from our common problem. Here you can communicate with others who know where you’re coming from and know what it’s like to feel the way you feel. If you desire to change your life, getting involved with this online community is a great start!

5 Likes

Hiiii! And welcome!!

3 Likes

Hi @Sierra_Lynn welcome :grin: You’ve come to the right place. If you have any specific questions, need to vent, want to spread inspiration…please feel free. We’re a friendly bunch.

4 Likes

Thanks everybody! Something about knowing your not alone makes it so much more bearable.

5 Likes

Hey @Sierra_Lynn , welcome to the community & good job on your 4 days! So, I’ve had this app on my phone for a few months now, mainly using the sober counter as motivation. I knew about the posting & communication options & features but just didn’t fully explore them…coincidentally, till about 2 nights ago. I wrote my first post/“topic” & was completely surprised yet overwhelmed with the outpouring of support & positivity! Since I first left that post Tuesday, I’ve been on the app non-stop, reading & enjoying all the comradery. Total strangers in theory except we all share in recovery, so there’s a connection between us all. I call this app, my “Sober Facebook”…but way way more upbeat & inspirational (not as many cat gifs or baby pics hahaha).
There are SOOOOO many open, honest, generous people on here, who will just listen if that’s what you need, offer advice, encourage you, myself included…so I hope you stick around & participate. I myself just started by poking around, exploring, reading, etc …so try it & chat people up when you’re ready. :grin::star2::muscle::point_up_2:

3 Likes

@Hostilebyrd Thank you so much. Yeah I’m already surprised with the amount of support I’ve seen so far. It makes it so much easier when you can talk to people and they actually understand and listen. I’m still learning the site and there’s still a lot I need to figure out lol but I think this will definitely be used more than Facebook!

3 Likes

@Sierra_Lynn No problem & I hear you about using this more than Facebook? No kidding! Haha

1 Like

It really does help knowing you’re not in this fight alone.

2 Likes