New to group - 10 days sober

Just started my second go at sobriety. First time I made in 29 days in AA then lapsed on the 30th. This is the first time I’ve been sober for longer than 2 days since then. I feel physically fantastic but my aggression and anxiety levels are high which makes me want to drink. Any advice or inspiration toward pushing forward?

6 Likes

My advice to you is to keep to yourself for a while. Avoid going out at all costs (as far as to social events. AA of course ^.^). Read, write, talk, learn, self reflect, find inspiriation and most important of all, be true to yourself. You know why you want to do this. Now it’s how you are going to go about it that’s the real question.

These self realisation’s that everyone here including myself experience proves to be some sort of spark that goes off inside of us. Starting a little flame that grows brighter and hotter every single day.

And welcome, my friend! ^.^

1 Like

Hello and welcome. So glad you’ve found your way here, so proud of your achievement to date. Being sober is a great start but slowly start to add new dimension to your life, take some time out and get to know the new and wonderful sober self, meditation is good for that, just sitting and accepting our own thoughts and realising that you don’t have to agree with them. Definitely read and share on here, bad day? come chat. I’ve just learnt a huge lesson so NEVER think you can have a drink today. NEVER only lasts until bedtime. I wish you well on your journey.

Welcome to this wonderful forum and congrats on double digits. This place and AA has given me a second chance at life. Stick around and read a lot, there’s tons of great information on here. Best of luck and I look forward to following your journey.

1 Like

Welcome and good luck with your sobriety. As you know take it one day at time. You can do this. You are stronger than the cravings. When you feel weak remember why you started to begin with.