New to here :)

Hi ! My name is Dejanna but you can call me Dj! I’m 26 and I live in Los Angeles ca. I’m new to this but I’m definitely glad I found it. I have been battling with addiction to alcohol for probably 10 years. I never really thought I had a problem up until maybe 2 years ago. I drank since I was like 15/16 and did other various hard drugs. But drinking was always my go to. The only thing I just couldn’t seem to shake. When im sad, drink when I’m happy, drink, when I’m mad, drink. Doesn’t matter the situation I always looked to drinking was my answer. I never realized how bad I actually got when I drank because I blacked out every time. I was acting out doing things I didn’t remember. I would get violent or over emotional. I started getting in trouble with the cops. Ended up going to jail n that was definitely a reality check. I also suffer from bipolar so that makes everything more difficult. I didn’t realize how I was hurting not only myself but others closer to me. There was also a point I was extremely suicidal at one point I tried taking my own life. Luckily my friend happened to walk in and find me unconscious with a bottle of vodka and empty bottle of aspirin. That was definitely a low point. But I still didn’t quit. I think it took me hurting my boyfriend and friends that really snapped me out of it. Anyways long story short I been almost 2 months sober. It’s hard because I’m a dancer so I’m surrounded by alcohol every night when I work and dealing with the customers sober is a little distressing, but I guess in a way it’s helping me really learn discipline. Anywho. I’m glad I found this forum and to see all you people battling similar demons that I am. I felt kind of like a freak and really alone. I could use any support I can get and am definitely willing to be there for anyone who needs or wants a friend. I’m excited for my life ahead of me and the road to a better sober life and a clear mind and soul.

Hope you all have a great week
Love- DJ :giraffe::two_hearts:

8 Likes

Be glad you are seeing the issue now when you’re young DJ and can enjoy the rest of your life sober. It’s not easy all the time but you have a good head start at 2 months. When I was your age I didn’t see drinking as a problem. Not until I let it go for years did I finally decide I had enough of poisoning myself and relationships. I have a depressive disorder and became suicidal as well. When I finally stopped the vodka and valium I got better. I hope you’re better, too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive feed back it’s nice to talk to someone who understands. It is hard and it’s been full of ups and downs and relapses but I really want it to be different this time. I’ve spent too many years drowning in my abuse. I’m glad to hear ur better it really is inspiring

2 Likes