New to Sober Time!

Hi Steven here!
Just joined Sober Time! I’ve been clean and sober for another day! 9861 all done One day At A Time.
Sobriety is not easy. I would not trade my fabulous life for anything. Thought I would say HI!
Yes it is my Sober Birthday today 27 years.
Nature gives us All the Little Miracles on a Daily basis and I am so grateful I am able to enjoy them.
I also enjoy helping otheds who request help or nust need someone to listen.

20 Likes

Welcome Steven! That’s quite some time under your belt! What’s your secret?

2 Likes

Happy sober birthday!! 27 years is amazing! What has been your favorite change compared to how life used to be and how did you get to where you are now? Welcome! :hugs:

2 Likes

Having Faith in a Power Greater Than Me!
When I wake-up in the morning I Thank HP I am alive! I recite the long version of the Serenity Prayer. Sets my focus for the day.

Trying to Live One Day At A Time.

When things are negative for me I have to tbink of all the Positives.

Always try to apologize or make ammends as soon as I can if I have hurt someone.

Helping others who request help or need an ear to lizten.

11 Likes

Welcome and well done on sharing your recovery with us - such an inspiration. :hearts::bird:

2 Likes

My favorite change is that I am able to accept who I am as a person and Love that Person!

6 Likes

Love this!!! Thank you :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

I’ve been getting reminders of where I’ve been and where I am now. I wasn’t getting enough reminders of where I want to be until I saw this.

I need to frame this and hang it where I can see it every day.

Thanks for the reminder and welcome!

1 Like

Can we hear your story of you feel like sharing ? 27 years is amazing

1 Like

I was going to post “My Story a Decade Later” so everyone can read it. It is quite lengthy. I like to share with others.

2 Likes

Look forward to reading it :blush:

1 Like

Hello and welcome!
Respect for your long strech of sober days! :facepunch:

1 Like

You have just made my day … thankyou… im just sitting here 107 days clean off heroin and crack… and was feeling sorry 4 myself… wtf have i got to feel sorry for … !!! Im doing my 12 steps and got a great sponsor… thankyou 4 reminding me of the beauty in my life x

3 Likes

Very cool and inspiring Steven! Welcome. There are some wonderful people here and some great sobriety. Glad to have your incredible 27 years join in.

1 Like

That is why I share my story with others.
You made my Day!! Thank You sir!

Welcome to the forum @Stevepse happy sober birthday. 27 years is just amazing. Delighted you are here with us.

1 Like

3 days for me

2 Likes

Im a big fan of 12 steps … its the only thing to make me stay soba and clean … ive never got this far in my life … the freedom and joy i get through this simple programme is amazing… i really look upto people like u x thank you x

1 Like

Awesome job!!

Welcome sir. 27 years, that is so great!

2 Likes